Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior's accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 4,000 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Licensed Practical Nurse - Part-time Temporary and Full-time
Located in Parkland at the Lakes Phase II on Baker Drive in Dartmouth and reporting to the Manager of Harmony and Wellness. The Licensed Practical Nurse is part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists the manager with training and management of nursing personnel on the unit, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for all clients.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing clients needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client's right to individualized planning of health services;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of client care plans.
- Administers and records prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice.
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting.
- Applies dressings and treatments according to physician's orders and policy
- Assists with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
- Current registration with the provincial Licensed Practical Nurse regulatory body;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Physical Assessment, Palliative / Hospice Care experience required;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior's independent living environment required;
- Must be able to work 12-hour day shifts;
The following would be considered assets:
- Strong leadership and assessment skills plus the ability to multitask in this fast-past, yet rewarding environment;
- Alzheimer's & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, free on -site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by September 15th, 2020.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Req Id: 271495 At Bell, we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate and it all starts in our stores. Every day our Sales Associates have the chance to make a big impact on our customers’ liv [...]
Service Technician: (Click here for details) Service Advisor: (Click here for details) Parts Sales: You’re a problem solver with a penchant for powersports. A tinkerer who prefers their [...]
Le Conseil scolaire acadien provincial (CSAP) offre une éducation de qualité de la maternelle à la 12e année, en français langue première. Notre Conseil joue un rôle actif dans le développemen [...]
The Kerr Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest Telecommunications Support and Workforce Optimization organizations. Since 1997 we have grown to almost 200 employees located in ten offices ac [...]