Canadian Red Cross
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a casual Basic Technician in the HELP program. Reporting to the Equipment Supply Associate, HELP, or designate, this position reprocesses and delivers HELP basic equipment to clients in the Southern Interior Region. The Basic Technician also supports HELP technical volunteers.
- Cleans and disinfects health equipment, according to standards.
- Inspects, repairs and maintains health equipment, according to standards.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and carries out repairs, following manufacturer's specifications.
- Documents repairs and maintains up-to-date equipment records in inventory management system.
- Transports equipment between HELP sites
Education and Experience:
Minimum qualifications for this position includes completion of Grade 12 and some post-secondary education in a related field, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in working with hand and basic power tools; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 80lbs
- Demonstrated mechanical ability and able to troubleshoot problems of a technical nature
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal communication skills and client service skills
- Successful completion of CPR/First Aid taken within past 2 years (or required to take within probationary period)
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver's Licence
- Training in health equipment repair
- Experience working with volunteers and diverse populations
- Casual hours as needed based on operational requirements - typically 7 hour daytime shifts Monday to Friday.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods and safely operate a vehicle for deliveries, which can be up to 75% of the day.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check, a vulnerable sector check and a satisfactory driver's abstract.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
To apply for this position, click here
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Family Group :Retail Banking Sales & Service At BMO, we are PURPOSEfully different and proud of it. To meet our goal as the fastest growing retail bank in Canada we need a team of passionate Mor [...]
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies , a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making [...]
Bookkeeping is in |Quick books format, You must have Quick books training, we can not train you. All aspects of bookkeeping daily tasks. Bank Reconciling Government remittances Payroll Accounts P [...]
Cleaning office area, Vacuum, wash floors, wipe down desks. Clean windows, baseboards. wash matts. Cleaning washrooms, and area,wash floors. Upper offices, Vacuum, wash floors, wipe down desks. Con [...]