Horizon Health Network
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2019-40407m External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: 5CS Family Medicine
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.6, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
JOB PURPOSE: Provision of Nursing Care to meet the individual patient's needs by utilizing the nursing process.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Experience and interest in complex acute and chronic care
- Demonstrates effective clinical competency and critical thinking
- CPR certification
- Able to perform charge nurse responsibilities
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgment and decision making abilities that contribute to positive health outcomes
- Must be flexible and adapt easily in a dynamic environment
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
The following duties are performed as directed:
- Identifies patient needs and co-operates with other staff in meeting these needs.
- Administers treatments and medications as ordered by medical staff.
- Observes, records, and evaluates patient's progress.
- Provides comfortable, orderly, clean, and safe environment for patients and staff
- Supervises techniques and care given by other team members
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all aspects of the work.
- Assists in teaching patients and subordinate staff.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies are properly used and maintained.
- Identifies patient's needs and develops, revises and uses nurses care plans; assuring maximum nursing care to all patients.
- Willing to accept additional education and training i.e. ACLS to provide quality care to a changing patient population
- Works closely with other hospital departments, and assists in other units, in response to changes in workload to provide adequate coverage in all areas.
- Assumes responsibility for upgrading their own education to ensure current knowledge of nursing theory and practice (including current CPR recertification).
- Responsible for Quality Assurance/Risk Management activities.
- Partakes / Attends staff meetings.
- Participates in committee work as required.
- Actively participates in the ongoing enhancement of services and care provided to patients.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 6, 2020
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2019- 40407l -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. COMPETITION #: 2020-46995 External BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU ZONE: Saint John DEPARTMENT: 4BS FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hos [...]
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. COMPETITION #: 2020-47087 External BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU ZONE: Saint John DEPARTMENT: MSICU FACILITY: Saint John Regional H [...]
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. COMPETITION #: 2020-47015 External BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU ZONE: Saint John DEPARTMENT: 5CN Family Medicine FACILITY: Saint J [...]
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer. COMPETITION #: 2020-46724 External BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU ZONE: Saint John DEPARTMENT: Post Anes Rec Room FACILITY: Saint Jo [...]