Location: St. Patrick's Mercy Home
REGISTERED NURSE IB - FLOAT
Long Term Care - St. John's
Permanent, Part Time
Hours 45 bi-weekly (8 and 12 hour rotating shift work; days, nights, evenings, weekends)
Salary NS30, ($35.04 - $43.50 per hour)
Competition Number (phone hidden)
Posted Date 24 August 2020
Closing Date 3 September 2020
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services,
hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
Registered Nurses in long-term care lead, coordinate and participate in the delivery of holistic and supportive care to residents by assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating the plan of care. This may include the provision of health promotion, curative, supportive, rehabilitative and palliative services. They also provide professional supervision and direction to the nursing care team while supporting other members of the interprofessional team to achieve safe and effective care to residents. They ensure that documentation and nursing policies and practices are followed, and they work together with families to ensure the highest standard of resident-centered care is provided.
Long-term care settings are often complex. Residents have diverse needs resulting from such conditions as chronic illness and functional and cognitive impairments. This population includes frail or elderly adults, individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities and/or individuals with mental illness. The work environment is fast paced where contact with the public, residents and other health professional are the norm. The Nurse I will function with considerable independence and may also be the initial 'on site' contact to address issues related to resident, staff and building safety after hours and on the weekends.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Constantly moves/lifts up to 10 lbs., regularly moves/lifts up to 25 lbs. and occasionally is required to restrain/reposition/move/ lift up to 30 lbs. Pushes/pulls up to medium force.
- Constantly stands/walks and works in awkward or cramped positions to assist with procedures.
- Constantly uses fine finger/precision, auditory, sensory and visual concentration to provide and conduct risk assessments, observe/monitor patients, to complete documents, follow directions, administer medications, etc.
- May be subject to time pressures/deadlines and subject to lack of control over work pace.
- Graduation from an approved/recognized school of nursing program is required. A Bachelor of Nursing Degree would be an asset.
- A current practicing license with the College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (CRNNL) is required.
- Current BLS for Health Care Providers Certification is required.
- Successful completion of a recognized Post-Basic Gerontology Program, Canadian Nurses Association Certification in Gerontological Nursing, Advanced Foot Care course and Leadership courses would be considered assets.
- Previous experience caring for geriatric populations including those with dementia and as well as those with intellectual and physical disabilities would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable of seniors' issues and support best practice in gerontological care.
- Ability to deal effectively with end-of-life issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a unit in the provision of quality nursing care and to be an advocate for the philosophy of resident centered care.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with residents and their families.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required.
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-(phone hidden)
Email: [email protected] . Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Financial Advisor Opportunity We’re looking for dedicated people with an entrepreneurial spirit and an agile and proactive mindset who want to help Canadians achieve their financial goals. Perh [...]
Rôle de Conseiller financier Nous recherchons des personnes qui possèdent un solide esprit d’entrepreneur, qui font preuve d’une grande agilité d’esprit, qui favorisent la proactivité, et q [...]
Share this page Portfolio: Natural Resources Organization: Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board Position title: Member of the Board (Federal) Type: Part-time Per diem [...]
Share this page Portfolio: Transport Organization: Marine Atlantic Inc. Position title: Chairperson Type: Part-time Per diem: $310.00 - $375.00 Annual retainer: $8,000.00 - $9,400.00 [...]