Scarborough Health Network
Across our three hospitals
and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
We are seeking an innovative, self directed, results-oriented leader who will demonstrate a commitment to best practice, benchmarks and standards in post acute care (Complex Continuing Care, Restorative Rehab), engaging inter professional teams. Reporting to Manager of Restorative Care, the Unit Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of patient and family care, coordination of nursing staff and resources on all shifts, facilitating patient flow in and out of the units, maintaining data accountability and integrity for the B-Care data sets and acting as a steward for improving the patient experience.
As a leader, you will facilitate and promote professional practice to provide superior care consistent with SHNmission and strategic plan. You are a passionate advocate for senior′s care, inter professional team player and have a home first orientation toward the care of the frail elderly and rehabilitation patients. You are a coach and facilitator of your teams and work well with your peers in acute care, LHINs and support services.
Ability to perform the essential duties of the position which include but are not limited to:
• Reviewing and updating staffing
• Assisting staff on the unit as needed (response to Code Blue, changes in condition)
• Demonstrating/teaching new skills, equipment to staff
• Managing patient flow between all departments and the unit
• Assessing/ reviewing rehab applications
• Current Certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Competent to perform CPR at Basic Cardiac Life Support level
• Minimum 3years of recent (within the last 5 years) Acute Medicine experience
• Minimum 2-3 years recent (within the last 5 years) Rehab, Restorative, Transitional Care experience
• Minimum 2-3 years of recent (within 1 year) charge nurse/unit coordinator experience
• Understanding of General Rehabilitation and Complex Continuing Care Concepts and Principles
• Understanding of data collection related to B-Care data is required
• Ability to facilitate effective teamwork in a multidisciplinary environment
• Demonstrated leadership, coordinating skills, teaching and technical ability, conflict-resolution and negotiation skills
• Experience using the Three Factor Framework for patient assignments and staffing requirements
• Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Evidence of sound problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
• Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement
• Able to perform the essential duties of the position and demonstrated pattern of good attendance
• Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
• Demonstrates a commitment to PFCC when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• BScN preferable or in process of completion
• Gerontology experience
• Experience with project development, implementation and evaluation
• Experience with continuous quality improvement activities
• Gentle Puassive Approach (GPA) certification
• Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Women's College Hospital (WCH) is an academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a focus on health for women, health equity and health system solutions. If you're ready to be part of a team tha [...]
POSITION: The Service Coordinator is a program specific leadership role supporting Eating Disorders program in various aspects of the unit/program function. In accordance with established standards, [...]
POSITION: The Service Coordinator is a program specific leadership role supporting Eating Disorders program in various aspects of the unit/program function. In accordance with established standards [...]
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Research Coordinator Nicotine Dependence Service Position Description: The Nicotine Dependence Service (NDS) at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is seeking [...]