• Identify business and technology trends that create opportunities for business improvement, advise business and Senior Executives on trends and emerging technologies and the impact on the organization's and government architectures and business strategies, model "What if" scenarios and recommend appropriate changes to the existing architecture infrastructure, and recommend alternative solutions, methodologies and strategies.
• Develop Network technical designs, either for an organization or for a major application area, to meet the business and application requirements.
• Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions to meet business problems.
• Ensure the integration of all aspects of technology solutions.
• Evaluate hardware and software relative to their ability to support specified requirements and, by determining potential and actual bottlenecks, and improve system performance through recommended hardware changes.
• Review computer software systems and data requirements as well as communication and response needs and determine operating systems and languages needed to support them.
• Developing/reviewing network architectures and Detailed Design Specifications (DDS) related to SSC GCNET IP/MPLS and optical networks.
• Develop network designs and solutions (on IP/MPLS and DWDM network) and work with SSC Operations to have them correctly configured.
• Develop, design and deploy complex network solutions over GCNET, DWDM and MPLS networks.
• Develop, design and deploy network architecture to support the Government of Canada Gouvernement du Canada’s initiative for Cloud first.
• Translate client needs/requirements into network architecture and if required a Detailed Design Specifications (DDS)
• Provide input and recommendations to project teams.
• Provide support and implementation activities, follow standard documentation practices for post implementation support.
• Collaborate with project resources to organize and review relevant information/documents from various technical stakeholders including IT solution providers and T support service teams.
• Collaborate with project resources to reach consensus on issues related to network designs and Detailed Design Specifications.
• Collaborate with other SSC teams to develop, design and implement work load migration solutions for partner departments.
• Work in partnership with all stakeholders to identify technical challenges. Attend internal, client, industry and vendor workshops to define, document and develop consensus on the most appropriate recommendations.
• Collaborate and work with other teams to provide Enterprise Network design support throughout the project.
• Work with project resources to identify gaps with target architecture and develop recommendations.
• Identify risks and issues was well as potential mitigation to project team.
• Prepare and deliver presentations as required.
• Collaborate with various groups and teams within SSC and with external groups at various levels.
• Contribute to the project deliverable schedule.
• Provide design, and/or technical assistance for enterprise projects.
• Prepare drafts documentation and or reports. Submit electronic versions of documentation, deliverables and or reports in their entirety.
• Weekly status reports detailing:
• Work completed during the reporting period.
• Work scheduled for the next reporting period.
• Any issues and/or risks encountered as well as proposed corrective measures.
• Deliverables delayed due to the lack of Crown input and/or decision.
The Bidder must demonstrate that the proposed Technical Architect resource has a minimum of ten (10) years of experience working as a Technical Architect, within the past fifteen (15) years.
The Bidder must demonstrate that the proposed Technical Architect resource has minimum of seven (7) years’ experience with configuration implementation expertise of network hardware on Routing platforms such as but not limited to Metro ONS, ASR, GSR, ME and Routing Protocols such as but not limited to BGP (iBGP and eBGP) and OSPF.
The Bidder must demonstrate that the proposed Technical Architect resource has a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in the designing and implementation of fiber optic systems using dense wave division multiplexing technology.
The Bidder must demonstrate that the proposed Technical Architect resource has a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience undertaken design and deployment activities associated with single module ROADM technology and multi degree mesh nodes.
The Bidder must demonstrate that the proposed Technical Architect resource has a minimum of seven (7) years of experience of engineering, designing and deploying DWDM networks using optical simulation tools.
The Bidder must demonstrate that the proposed Technical Architect resource has a minimum of seven (7) years of engineering, designing networks solutions using BGP and layer 3 MPLS VPNS.
The Bidder Must demonstrate that the proposed resource must have a valid SECRET security clearance, upon bid closing Demonstrated evidence of clearance is required.
The Bidder should demonstrate that the proposed Technical Service Architect has hands-on knowledge and experience for at least 3 years within the last 5 years of specified software and hardware
· Cisco Transport Planner
· ONS15454 MSTP
· Flex Spectrum / Flex grid DWDM systems
10 points will be awarded for each software and hardware class
The Bidder should demonstrate that the proposed Technical Service Architect has 5 years of design and implementation experience with fiber optic systems.
· 10 points - 40 channel ROADM
· 10 points - Single module ROADM
10 points - 2 and 4 degree mesh technologies
The Bidder should demonstrate that the proposed Technical Service Architect has Engineering, design and implementation experience with 100G coherent DWDM technologies.
0< 2 years = 10 points
2< 4 years = 20 points
4< 6 years = 30 points
The Bidder should demonstrate that the Technical Service Architect has a minimum of five years’ experience of varied networking protocols including:
IP, L3VPN, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Ethernet, QoS, VLANS, 802.11a,802.11b, 802.11g, 802.1AE, SNMP, VoIP, Fiber Channel.
· 0 to 4 = 0 points
· 5 to 9 = 7.5 points
· 10 to 17 = 15 points
· 18 + = 30 points
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.Please note positions may be filled prior to closing deadline. You may contact a Consultant to confirm availability.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
This position is temporary and is expected to last up to two years. It will be located at Regional Headquarters in Whitby initially. Reporting to the Manager of Facilities Management - Design, Const [...]
Job Description Position Purpose: The SAP S4 Architect will be responsible for providing a strong functional and a technical understanding of the S4 product with the ability to discuss and demons [...]
Title: Senior Backend (JAVA) Developer, Digital Factory Requisition ID: 84989 At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive o [...]
YOUR ROLE AS THE FPGA ARCHITECT This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced ASIC/FPGA designer to be part of a motivated and exceptional team developing next generation networking products. [...]