“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Package Handler’s position is a physical,
fast-paced and labor-intensive role within a warehouse environment that involves sorting/stocking packages as well as loading and unloading them into and out of UPS package delivery vehicles and trailers.
Job Type: Part-Time - Permanent
Work Location: 12424 Dixie Road, Caledon, ON, L7C 2L8
Workdays: Monday to Friday
Shift Duration: 3-5 hours per day *(Flexibility is required with both the start and finish times).
Monday - 1:00AM to 6:00AM
Tuesday - 3:30AM to 8:30AM
Wednesday - 3:30AM to 8:30AM
Thursday - 3:30AM to 8:30AM
Friday - 3:30AM to 8:30AM
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Load and unload packages into package delivery vehicles and trailers
- Learn and properly execute company-established package handling methods
- Sort and stock packages based on postal codes
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. (35kg) without assistance
- Full availability to work Monday to Friday (all five days of the week)
- Ability to read and memorize postal codes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment
- Comfortable working inside truck trailers and package delivery vehicles and staying longer than the usual shift hours depending on the operational needs and shipment volume
- Warehouse experience (would be considered an asset)
Compensation and Benefits:
- $16.10/hr (base rate of $14.25 + an hourly bonus of $1.85) and automatic progression as per the existing Union Collective Agreement
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $9,000 per year + $300 for course materials (books)
- Health and dental benefits after 12 months of employment (commences on the first day of the month after meeting the requirement)
- 2 weeks of paid vacation after one year of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program ($300 per referred Package Handler)
- Immediate access to UPS ‘Employee Discounts’ upon hiring
- Paid training
- Opportunity for advancement within a Fortune 100 Company
- Free parking
- Monthly union dues (approximately $42/month)
- A union initiation fee of $50 (will be deducted after completing 90 working days with UPS)
- A criminal background check fee of $20.50 (will be deducted from your Human Resources Orientation pay and reimbursed after 90 working days with UPS)
- Exposed to changing temperatures while working in a warehouse environment.
- In our industry this position is also known as Warehouse Worker, Warehouse Associate, Sorter, Loader/Unloader, and Shipper/Receiver.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job requirements Languages English Education Secondary (high) school graduation certificate Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.) Workplace Hazardous Materials Inf [...]
We are hiring a Full-time Occupational Therapist (OT) – Adults with Guaranteed Hours to work in Bolton, Caledon and surrounding communities Come join a dynamic team led by Karen Troughton, Region [...]
We are hiring a Full-time Occupational Therapist (OT) – Adults to work in the Bolton and Caledon area Come join a dynamic team to provide direct in person and virtual care support to adult pati [...]
North Pine Group is looking for Experienced operators to run machinery to clean snow. Must have experience with front end loader, skid steer, Farm tractors. Must be available at any time winter weath [...]