What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Director, the Senior Manager, Transformation Solutions position will be the subject matter expert and analyze current risk assessment processes and recommend solutions to enhance the overall risk processes. You will look for new and innovative ways to enhance efficiencies and promote automation where required. The solutions recommended will be applied to mature RBC third party IT risk capabilities, including implementation of a robust Supplier Control Assessment process which is aligned with internal standards / policies, industry frameworks and best practices within an enterprise GRC platform for the purpose of driving increased due diligence, efficiencies and automation.
The ideal candidate will have industry relevant qualifications and certifications in cyber security, including strong relationship management skills.
What will you do?
- Work with senior management to develop TPITR (Third Party IT Risk) Strategic Plan and Service Catalogue.
- Identify and lead transformation initiatives to mature TPITR third party program.
- Perform current state analysis of existing processes followed for TPITR Risk Assessment and identify areas of improvement.
- Partner with key stakeholders and define new processes/business solutions depicting process improvements.
- Develop, coordinate, plan and execute security assessments of third parties suppliers focusing on compliance with regulations, company standards/policies, and internal controls.
- Facilitate and manage risk assessments and/or security initiatives from communication, approval and report distribution to key stakeholders, business units and management.
- Build partnerships with other GCS teams, GRM (2nd Line) and different lines of businesses within RBC.
- Interface with Business and Service Partners for project fulfillment while ensuring applicable regulatory requirements, expectations and delegated authorities and maintains systems within compliance requirements.
- Identifies and implements changes to processes, tools and methods that enable increased agility and effective cost management across the global organization, including act as a mentor to junior team members as needed.
- Establish and build credibility with stakeholders and senior leaders in order to provide representation that is seen as professional, positive and credible.
- Work in collaboration as a trusted partner to ensure that projects are planned, managed and executed in alignment with the functional strategy and goals.
- Seek industry trends and organization knowledge to understand alternative approaches.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to ensure alignment of Global Cyber Security initiatives.
- Manage risks, leveraging support from RBC SMEs and escalating to VP as required.
What do you need to succeed?
- 4 or more years demonstrated experience in Cyber Risk/Third Party Risk.
- Strong understanding of complex vendor risk-related issues through demonstrated experience managing vendor relationships, information security or regulatory compliance programs, and audits
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Frameworks and Cyber Risk Management, including third party IT risk governance structures.
- Experience with IT Methodologies (CRISC, CISM, Agile/PMF).
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Frameworks - NIST, ISO 27001
- Knowledge of government and regulatory requirements as it relates to data information management, including emerging trends and issues related to the subject matter.
- Ability to explain and articulate technical concepts using both technical and non-technical language
- Ability to partner effectively with key stakeholders on complex projects with excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent presentations skills (MS PowerPoint) and ability to manipulate data in a spreadsheet (MS Excel)
- CRISC/CISM/CISSP/CTPRP certification preferred
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Address: 330 Front Street, 2nd Floor
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Contract
Career Level: Senior Manager/Director
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/06/2020
Platform: Technology and Operations
Req ID: 257398
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Le Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir accueille cette année 17 500 élèves au sein de ses 61 écoles : 47 écoles élémentaires, 11 écoles secondaires, une école intermédiaire et deux écol [...]
Date Posted September 25, 2020 - Department Accounting - Location Toronto, ON - Job ID 86933 Position: Social Media Coordinator Position Overview: The Social Media Coordinator is re [...]
Location: 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8 Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Pro [...]
Date Posted: 09/25/2020 Closing Date: 10/09/2020, 11:59PM EDT Req ID: 1186 Job Category: Sessional Instruction Faculty/Division: UofT Mississauga Department: UTM: Historical Studies Hospit [...]