Our client, a family owned insurance brokerage with 8 locations is one of the largest privately held construction brokerages in Western Canada and is seeking an experienced and outgoing Commercial Account Manager to join their office in Burnaby, British Columbia. The Commercial Account Manager will have 3-5 years’ experience in commercial lines with construction experience being an asset. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and will be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
Key Account Responsibilities and Functions
- Provide prospects and customers with trusted and expert advice on all areas of commercial lines insurance
- Efficiently maintain maximum retention of existing book by providing exceptional client service;
- Organize and attend internal renewal strategy meetings;
- Respond to client emails and telephone calls in timely manor;
- You will prepare all client services documents;
- You will maintain monthly expiry lists including following up on project expiries as well as monitor abeyances for outstanding information;
- Update spreadsheets such as Statement of Values and Contractors Equipment;
- Write and send correspondence and documents to clients (using company templates);
- Liaise with marketing on placements, renewals and midterm policy changes;
- Handle the complete brokering process on small mid-size policies within the book;
- Review of leases and contract documents and providing coverage advice to clients as well as complete certificate requests;
- Provide costing for clients prior to tender closings and recommending appropriate coverage;
- You will recommend/cross sell additional coverage to clients (using coverage checklist);
- Quote and issue premium finance contracts as requested;
- Be responsible for following up on accounts receivables;
- Effectively follow corporate policies and procedures;
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Level 2 General Insurance License in good standing in BC.
- 3-5 years of commercial lines experience preferably in a brokerage.
- Experience with The Agency Manager and/or Applied Epic considered an asset.
- You will be highly organized, a self starter and have a friendly professional demeanor.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit your resume directly to Abbie Black via email at [email protected] or call Abbie directly at (phone hidden).
Tagged as: Commercial Lines Account Manager - Insurance
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from [...]
ARGUS CARRIERS CLASS 5 DRIVER WITH AIR TICKET Full-Time (MON-FRI) LOCATION: BURNABY, BC (GREATER VANCOUVER AREA) Starting Wage: $23.00 / HR Job Summary: - Pickup and deliver freight as requ [...]
Bachelor's degree 5 years or more Additional Skills Plan and control budget and expenditures Conduct performance reviews Work with the marketing department to understand and communica [...]
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate 1 year to less than 2 years Additional Skills Hire and train or arrange for training of cleaning staff Work Setting Office building C [...]