Calgary Board of Education.
Each student, in keeping with their individual abilities and gifts, will complete high school with a foundation of learning necessary to thrive in life, work and continued learning.
Students come first. Learning is our central purpose. Public education serves the common good.
The CBE strives to create a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative culture. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
Competition Close Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Calendar: 10 month
Salary: $29.20 - $38.32/hour
FTE: 1.0 - 35 hours per week
- As part of a multidisciplinary team participate in the design, assessment and support of the Individual Program Plan (IPP) and Behaviour Support Plan (BSP) by documenting behavioral issues and concerns; recording qualitative and quantitative data related to the student’s behavior.
- Design and provide a broad spectrum of activities and experiences by delivering individual and small group instruction such as anger management and social skills development in order to address the goals of the IPP.
- Perform responsibilities in a professional manner by acting in ways that are consistent with recognizing and respecting each other, working to earn and sustain trust, communicating with each other in ways that promote mutual understanding, using collaborative approaches to problem solving and decision making and giving colleagues the benefit of the doubt in order to create and maintain positive working relationships which lead to quality learning experiences for students.
- Contribute proactively to the safety and security of the learning environment by implementing appropriate interventions; administering First Aid; ensuring adherence to safety standards; storing and distributing medications as per CBE policy; may be required to monitor the medical needs of the student in order to promote the safety of the student and others.
- Ensure compliance with school guidelines and fulfill my employment contract by performing a variety of operational functions in adherence with Occupational Health, FOIP, CBE policy, practice and procedures in order to fulfill the responsibilities and the expectations of the role.
- Support professional growth by maintaining current certification, including specialized education in order to contribute to the development of supporting roles and maintain standards.
- Liaise with other professionals, initiate and organize multidisciplinary meetings as required by working with internal and external professionals e.g., from community schools, CBE specialists, multidisciplinary team members, medical professionals, Calgary Health Region, Calgary and Area Child and Family Services, Youth Justice, AADAC, Youth Shelters and other resources for the child and parent in order to provide or make available appropriate resources/support for students in order to meet the goals of the IPP and BSP.
- Contribute proactively to the safety and security of the learning environment by identifying and accessing resources, designing and implementing interventions in order to provide or make available resources/support for students in order achieve the outcomes of the IPP and BSP.
- Support the professional growth of others by working with practicum students, e.g., Youth and Child Care, Justice, Social Work in order to share expertise and experience with developing professionals in support of student needs.
- Support others, e.g., Lunch Program Supervisors, Education Assistants, Teachers, parents by providing programming recommendations for instructional and behaviour support as well as in-service opportunities for others in order to build capacity of others in support of student learning.
Education and Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in a related field such as the social sciences, combined with a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Certification in Child and Youth Care from Child and Youth Care Association of Alberta (achieved while working) preferred.
- Knowledge of related support agencies and professionals within the community.
- Certification in Standard First Aid.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention or equivalent, and WHIMIS.
- Valid Alberta Class 4 Driver’s license is preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Ability to build relationships with emotionally disturbed adolescents is essential.
- Reasonably strong athletic ability and fitness level a requirement.
- Must have the ability to maintain enthusiasm and commitment with children.
- Ability to sustain physical exertion on the job.
- Personal suitability.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to the Calgary Board of Education WHO ARE OFFERED EMPLOYMENT must complete and pass a police security clearance before employment is confirmed.
Be Part of Our Success
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team where your contribution makes a positive impact on the lives and learning of more than 125,000 CBE students? The Calgary Board of Education is looking for exceptional professionals to join our team. Our employees are highly valued and recognized, a career with the CBE offers incredible opportunities, rewards and supports.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Advert Want to find a better way to deliver in healthcare? As a Hospital Account Manager with RB, you’ll have the freedom to apply your expertise and create the role you’ve always wanted. [...]
The basic function of the Customer Service Representative is to convert incoming customer calls into booked service calls and maintenance visits and forward to available technicians. To prioritize, or [...]
Planner/Scheduler - 00TR2 Description Company Overview ConocoPhillips is one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production (E&P;) companies. We explore for, produce, transport an [...]
Share this page Portfolio: Natural Resources Organization: Canadian Energy Regulator Position title: Commissioner (full-time), Commissioner (part-time) Type: Full-time Salary range: $183 [...]