We are NFP, a three-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018 & 2019. We’re a leading Insurance Broker and Consultancy with 5,000 employees in 300 offices across Canada, the U.K. and the U.S. NFP provides custom-build perfect solutions in property and casualty insurance, corporate and executive benefits, and individual solutions to address the challenges our clients face day after day. With excellent benefits, compensation packages and management support, you’ll utilize the full scope of your talent, maximize your future potential and move your career forward with us.
About the Role
This is a 6-month contract position that will administer all aspects of the registered and registered programs, benefits programs and all other welfare programs of the organization. It reports to the VP, HR Canada and will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Benefits NFP Corporate Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day administration and servicing of the health and welfare benefit plans.
- Serve as primary liaison between employees and vendors in regards to policy interpretation and resolution of problems.
- Development of process and procedure related to benefit administration
- Educate team members, Human Resources leaders, Executives, management, employees and retirees concerning issues related to the Company’s benefits and retirement plans (registered and non-registered) to ensure consistent and accurate understanding of policies and procedures on a Company-wide basis.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with employees and HR representatives of supported firms.
- Ensure that all new benefit plans and plan design changes are implemented correctly. Review plan documentation to ensure the information is current and accurate.
- Oversee the annual open enrollment period. Ensure an efficient process, answer employee questions, and communicate with carriers and vendors in regards to changes and/or issues.
- Serve as the primary liaison for implementation and ongoing administration of Benefits between all vendors.
- Coordinate exchange of data for external and internal plan audits.
- Analyze benefit plan information for outsourcing initiatives.
- Act as key project team member in changes to existing pension and benefits plans and introduction of new plans
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Exceptional numeracy and analytical skills; ability to consolidate information from various sources
- Detail Oriented, highly motivated and resourceful to achieve results
- A talent for listening and establishing trust with strong customer service skills
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Healthcare benefit products and regulatory requirements
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of the Provincial & Federal regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefits programs and plans
- Project management skills and experience
- Proven Ability to work in a team environment— Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with various team members and individuals across various business units
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic
Education and/or Experience:
- Payroll experience, or payroll/benefit administration experience, would be preferred
- Post-secondary education in related field; designation in compensation will be seen as a benefit (i.e. CCP)
- Minimum 5-7 years’ progressive experience in total rewards/ benefits field
- 5+ years of benefits experience, preferably with a large organization
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada upon hire.
NFP is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Supervisor position Snow Operations/Landscaping/Lot Maintenance Manage a snow maintenance crew for multiple locations Brantford/Ancaster areas On call in winter Season Also looking for Snow Opera [...]
Stomemason helper needed for work in the Dundas , Ancaster area. Must have own transportation .up to $25/hr to start [...]
At Planit Green Landscapes we don't show up for work just to get a paycheque. We value family and keeping things local. Our focus is on creating beautiful and unique landscapes for our clients, and we [...]
College/CEGEP 3 years to less than 5 years - or equivalent experience Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Excel - MS PowerPoint - MS Word - MS Outlook Specific Skill [...]