Line of Service
Cybersecurity & Privacy
Job Description & Summary
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our shared global values help us achieve our purpose and guide our actions. We act with integrity, make a difference, care, work together and reimagine the possible. We work together to provide exceptional industry-focused services to clients from 24 offices across Canada. We’re a member of the PwC global network of firms, with more than 276,000 people in 157 countries.
Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture.
We pride ourselves on providing equal opportunities and support for everyone to achieve success and to develop. We work together and create an environment where everyone can bring their passions and whole selves to work. Plus, as part of a global network, there’s an opportunity for you to work with international teams and clients while you’re based in Canada.
We help organizations unite their existing lines of defence against modern-day threats while enabling them to create new value in a digital, data-driven world. We bring together a multidisciplinary team, which includes professionals in the areas of cybersecurity, privacy, financial crime and industrial systems, to help organizations develop strategies that will cut horizontally across their vertical and functional silos. Often that means rethinking outdated mindsets and defining new ways of working. It’s a journey worth taking.
There are many options and opportunities in cybersecurity, privacy and financial crime.
If your passion and focus are on technology, systems and networks, you’ll get to monitor and detect network, system and transaction abnormalities, respond to cyber and fraud incidents or learn how to generate and apply threat intelligence. Or you may implement technology solutions (e.g. identity and access management, security analytics and data protection, fraud prevention, transaction monitoring), secure cloud and industrial/Internet of Things (IoT) environments, support organizations in their response to a crisis or perhaps become an ethical hacker.
If you’re passionate about cybersecurity, privacy and financial crime but want to focus on the business risk side, you’ll help our clients balance cybersecurity, privacy and financial crime risks and digital opportunities. This could include helping with strategy, evaluating clients’ threat landscape and regulatory requirements, building risk management frameworks, designing enterprise security architecture and target operating models or defining multi-year transformation programs. It’s a role where you’ll help clients resolve the uncertainty and manage the complex cybersecurity, privacy and financial crime matters aligned to their strategic business objectives.
Create your future with us
At PwC Canada, you can truly make a difference and create a career that matters to you. We recognize the importance of providing flexible ways to work, so you’ll have access to a variety of programs to help you make the most of your working time. You’ll also join a team where you’ll innovate and use technology to help solve important problems and deliver differently. With a focus on continual learning, you’ll have the opportunity to improve your digital skills and use industry-leading tools in data visualization, automation and analysis. We can also help you grow by providing opportunities to develop as a professional, while making sure you have the flexibility to pursue your personal interests. With us, you’ll live your potential starting on Day 1 and have a clear career path, with leaders who care about and support your development and many learning and development opportunities on and off the job . Our Enhanced Working Practices really set us apart. We teach rather than tell, developing you through shadowing, lessons learned, team workshops, rounds, observation and feedback. To learn more about how you can create your future at PwC Canada, watch our video .
Why you’ll love working with us
We want you to love every (if not, almost every) minute of your career; having said this, we get it. Each life stage we go through comes with a new set of priorities and demands. This is why we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits, so regardless of your situation, there’s something for everyone.
Leading benefits for our people include:
- A competitive compensation package
- Sponsored investments, pensions and saving plans with matching firm contributions
- Flexible working
- PwC FlexBenefits, for personalised medical and dental coverage, including enhanced mental health benefit
- Every day recognition and real time appreciation through our rewards and recognition program
- Dress for your day with our flexible dress environment
- Health, wellness and fitness perks
- Family-friendly benefits, including maternity and parental leave policies and support networks to help you prepare for your successful return to work
- Adoption/surrogacy benefits
- Back-up child and elder care support
- Career defining project work
- Development opportunities including learning on the job, formal learning, learning from others and access to “Vantage” our digital learning system
- Award winning programs including “Women in Leadership” and “Enhanced Pursuit Program”
- A coach to help develop skills, diversify experiences and achieve career aspirations
Please note: eligibility for some of these benefits is dependent on the role.
What we look for and what we’d like you to have
Create your future at PwC. Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it’s not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible.
- Enrolled in or completion of an undergraduate degree in Science, Technology (including Information Systems/Security, Computer/Data Science, Business Analytics, BTM or MIS), Engineering, Math or Business.
- Strong grasp of and passion for technology, innovation and business
- Ability to code in one or several languages: Java, C, C++ or Python
- Technical strength to deliver quality and value for our clients
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, and an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate new ideas
- Highly detail oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills; an ability to think broadly and to ask questions about data, facts and other information
- Authentic, resilient, inclusive and passionate; can embrace different perspectives and welcome opposing ideas in seeking the best solution
- Share and collaborate effectively with others, building relationships which are genuine and rooted in trust
- Ability to easily adapt and prioritize, demonstrating project management skills to handle changing priorities
- Examples of alignment with PwC Values: Acting with Integrity, Working Together, Care, Reimagine the Possible and Make a Difference
- An ability to travel to client sites, and offices across Canada
- This role requires that you are legally entitled to work for PwC in Canada for the intended duration of the offer/contract.
Note: We only allow you to submit one application; however you are able to select a second and third office preference.
Our Application Process
1. Complete your online application and upload your resume or CACEE form and transcript. We recommend using a personal email address when applying.
2. Bring your application to life through an on-demand video interview and games. We’re harnessing the power of technology to get to know more about you and your career goals at a time and place convenient for you. You’ll have until 24 hours after the application close date to complete your on-demand video interview and games.
3. If you’ve wowed us with your on-demand video interview and games you’ll be invited to a live interview. It’s an opportunity for us to get to know each other better and is the final step of the process.
4. Successfully completing the live interview will lead to an offer to join our team!
Please make sure to check your spam folder for any email communications from us throughout the application process!
One of PwC Canada’s core values is care; care for our people, our communities and our clients. During these difficult times we’re continuing to reimagine the possible by moving to a virtual client service delivery model. We’ve adapted our hiring and onboarding process by introducing virtual interviews and ‘onboard from home’ as we strive to work together to achieve what matters most.
To apply, please submit your resume and transcripts (unofficial version is accepted) by September 17, 2020 11:59pm PST
To find out more, visit our campus recruitment website at pwc.com/ca/campus
To apply online, click search job openings
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
September 18, 2020
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location: 333 Seymour Blvd, N Vancouver, British Columbia, V7J 2J4 The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you. [...]
Darkhorse is hiring a Consulting Engagement Manager to be the bridge between our clients and our capabilities. What we do... Darkhorse Analytics is an Alberta-based consultancy specializing in predi [...]
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct. [...]
Job Description: Job Title: Recruitment Associate Work Site: Recruitment Services - 620 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, BC Status: Start Date: Hours: Temporary Full Time As soon as possible [...]