The Chief Customer Officer for Cox Automotive Canada (CAC) will be an executive to provide strategic, business and operational direction and leadership to CAC business to lead to achieve superior client and business revenue growth, measured by a more effective go-to-market organization with a more efficient cost-to-serve model, higher client satisfaction, lowered operating costs, improved operating margins, and enhanced processes and procedures. This position will craft the sales strategy and playbook across all the CAC business units.
- Maintain a focused financial orientation related to the metrics needed for a performance dashboard to monitor performance to objectives.
Put productivity and efficiency metrics in place to manage the progress of the sales organization.
- Create scalable internal sales and account management operations: establish common internal processes, tools, templates and group level meetings/events. Assist with New Product Introduction, Enterprise Deals Desk co-ordination and cross group opportunity tracking.
- Develop compensation, recognition and related incentive plans to motivate desired behaviours and to attain targeted revenue and margin goals by business unit, customer segment, industry vertical and geography.
- Create a strategy to cross-sell multiple service lines to select key customers and most attractive potential customers to accelerate revenue growth and maximize market share for each customer.
- Engage at higher levels of executive leadership with key customers. Historically company has been viewed as a marketing and remarketing leader, but now has a broader set of solutions to provide more strategic value at the general management and chief executive officer levels.
- Create high levels of "partner engagement" such that customers see CAC as the #1 strategic partner in the marketing, retail, financing and wholesale value chains – globally; ultimately, this positioning allows the company to realize "the financial sum is greater than its parts."
- Invigorate the sales culture with a sense of urgency, a "hunter" mentality and a cadence that instils a sense of energy.
- Partner with the business unit leaders and their organizations to drive sales results that exceed budgeted revenue and unit targets.
- Work closely with the executive team and provide market and product feedback to Product/Marketing/Sales Operations and other relative functional areas of Cox Automotive.
- Leverage management skills to attract, hire and retain top sales talent.
- Develop a world-class sales operations and sales enablement capability to deliver needed applications such as Salesforce.com and to maximize the amount of selling time for each person in the sales organization and minimize non-selling activities. This function will also create and update a dashboard of key metrics which enable sales reps and sales managers to monitor their progress toward key goals.
- Provide inspired leadership and professional management to the organization. Motivate and inspire divisional business line leaders and employees at all levels, creating a culture that "thinks and wins" as a team and works together for shared success. This individual will attract, develop and retain the best team in the industry.
- Develop a strong partnership with the technology and product organizations to use sales-enabling technologies as a critical component of the business to ensure the company is leading the industry in processes that better serve the customer and the external marketplace.
Employee Engagement / Leadership
- Provide direct and overall management and leadership of sales leaders and teams across CAC
- Provide matrix leadership for market support functions, including Business Development, the core businesses, Finance, HR, and Marketing
- Foster open communication with management, and clearly communicate importance of team’s vision, objectives and priorities.
- Seek and share information and use appropriate influence strategies to enhance and sustain employee engagement.
- Be an agent and advocate for change. Lead and develop a culture of continuous improvement across the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Engineering, Marketing or related technical degree preferred; MBA is a plus
- 15+ years of B2B sales leadership experience in the technology industry
- 10+ years of management/leadership experience with leading sales processes, improvement and advocating change
- Success working a complex, matrixed corporate environment
- Experienced in strategic sales and Organizational Acumen
- Best Practices Regarding Go-To-Market Strategies, Customer Acquisition Programs, Results-Oriented Sales Processes, and Team Recruitment
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements
- Proven ability to manage portfolio of products
- Communications Skills and Executive Presence
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ambitious and driven individual, who brings the capability & headroom to grow beyond this role.
- Effective communication both written and verbal across all levels of organization
- Travel Expectations: >50%
- Other duties as needed or required
- French Language considered an assest
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Simply put - We are a different kind of bus company. We genuinely value and care for our people! Switzer-CARTY Transportation is hiring school bus drivers for Milton. We are the employer of choice in [...]
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the largest and fastest growing privately owned automotive rental and leasing company in the North America. With over 10,000 branch offices worldwide, Enterprise ranks #1 in t [...]
Primary Location: 8277 Lawson Rd, Milton, ON, CAN Division: Cox Automotive Job Level: Individual Contributor Travel: No Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job Requisition Number: 206681 The Finance [...]
Do you want to work for yourself, but have the security of consistent work? Do you want to be independent, yet part of a larger organization? Is it time to be your own boss? Milton Cleaning Service [...]