Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Clinical Operations Supervisor (RN)Work Site: Combined Medical-Surgical, Powell River Hospital - Powell River, BCStatus: Temporary Part Time (0.50 FTE)Start Date: As soon as possible until approximately August 2021Salary: $45.00 - $54.24 per hourHours:
0700 - 1900
Days off: Rotating
Come work as a Clinical Operations Supervisor with Vancouver Coastal Health in Powell River, BC!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team at Powell River Hospital as a Clinical Operations Supervisor. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Operations Supervisor with VCH you will:
- Administrate/oversee and provide supervision to designated staff and team professionals including continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work practices, workload and staffing issues.
- Conduct Attendance Wellness Promotion (AWP), Respectful Workplace, accommodation and other meetings in conjunction with an HR Advisor.
- Recruit, hire, select, mentor and retain staff.
- Oversee all aspects of patient care delivery and the daily activities of designated programs/areas.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on the achievement of quality indicators and program goals and objectives.
- Ensure a high standard of care while promoting interdisciplinary practice and ensuring a safe environment for staff and patients.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Baccalaureate in Nursing.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills that include three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues in relevant service area including current trends, best practices and modalities of treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong team leader, motivator, coach/mentor, and team member within a complex multidisciplinary setting.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously communicate effectively and strategically with colleagues, physicians and health care staff, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Utilizes strong critical thinking skills when making decisions, resolving issues/conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem solve, and deal effectively with and guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolving conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to model and foster a positive, collaborative, and respectful team working environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical and administrative supervision and consultation.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to facilitate team building and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated listening and information seeking skills that promotes open and direct communication and leads to a cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize work, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Advanced computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system and word processing, spreadsheet, databases, Internet and e-mail software.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Our Story Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to ser [...]
Accounts Payable Manager Vancouver | Finance | As our Accounts Payable Manager, you are passionate about efficiency, able to provide valuable insight best practices, and are hungry to do what it tak [...]
Bienvenue chez Sherwin-Williams Sherwin-Williams est la plus importante entreprise de revêtements en Amérique du Nord et la troisième plus importante au monde. Avec des ventes de 11 milliards $, [...]
Change Consultant Everywhere, Vancouver | Consultation, Customer Success | The Consultant for Change Management works in collaboration with internal Traction on Demand resources and customers. Inter [...]