Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Centre East Correctional Centre, seeks a Duty Chaplain to provide spiritual and religious care and support to inmates, and maintain a comprehensive multicultural chaplaincy program for inmates, their families and staff.
If you are a spiritual leader who is interested in cultivating a worshipping community within an institution, please consider this challenging opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide comprehensive religious services and spiritual care programs to inmates, their families and staff
- Coordinate and monitor a busy and involved multi-faith program
- Create new programs and coordinate spiritual activities
- Build relationships and partnerships with community resources
- Partner with local faith communities to establish programs to help inmates reintegrate into the community
- Represent chaplaincy on institution committees
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team made up of Correctional Officers, Sergeants, Nurses, Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and other professional staff
How do I qualify?
- You must have an endorsement from a recognized Faith Group
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
- You have applied knowledge of various faith groups, multi-denominational groups, as well as religious beliefs and practices, normally acquired through a combination of university, theological school and professional experience
- You can work collaboratively with various faith groups
- You have a good understanding of correctional institutions and the criminal justice system
Communication, Interpersonal and Counselling Skills
- You can interact with inmates, families and staff
- You have strong counselling skills to address issues with inmates and families
Organizational and Supervisory Skills
- You can plan, organize, implement and evaluate spiritual care programs and religious services
- You can provide guidance and/or training to volunteers, students and other spiritual and religious visitors
Analytical and Judgement Skills
- You can identify and resolve issues
- You can work within the legislation framework to balance confidentiality, and the need to maintain security and the safety of staff and inmates
1 Permanent, 541 Highway 36, Lindsay, East Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Category: Health and Social Services
Posted on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Notre meilleur client recrute toujours en ces temps difficiles et recherche quelqu'un pour l'aider à gérer ses talents. Belle opportunité si vous cherchez du travail, option à distance disponible. [...]
Our top client is still hiring during these challenging times and are looking for someone to assist them with talent management. Great opportunity if you find yourself looking for work, remote option [...]
Lindsay, ON Permanent Sunderland Millwork Inc. is hiring for a Millwork woodworking estimator to do the following: - Bid development for inbound projects that are being tendered - Develop new b [...]
Sunderland Millwork Inc. is hiring for a Millwork woodworking estimator to do the following: - Bid development for inbound projects that are being tendered - Develop new business opportunities on [...]