Treasury Board Secretariat
Here is a fantastic opportunity for an IT professional to showcase their knowledge and skills!
The Central Agencies I&IT; Cluster, Treasury Board Secretariat, is looking for an experienced individual to join their team, where you will provide systems development, programming and consulting expertise to clients, related to the use of information technology, to meet business and program goals.
Please note: This position requires you to be on-call and to work weekends.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise in delivering the technical design,
development and implementation of complex technical solutions and on-going sustainment of high-profile I&IT; platforms (i.e. large and complex tax and benefits administration systems.
- Assist in the analysis of client IT needs in relation to business goals and objectives.
- Provide technical advice to resolve complex systems problems and critical incidents (i.e. Java, Windows/WINTEL servers, SQL, .NET and other web-based, off-the-shelf applications).
- Completing research activities to establish technology direction/strategy/standards and best practices.
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge of theory and principles of systems design and development, programming concepts and languages (such as Java, Microsoft .NET framework, Visual C#.NET, VB.NET, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service), and related methods, techniques, practices and standards.
- You have knowledge of database management systems (such as Microsoft SQL) and application database administration.
- You have the ability to develop new systems or systems modifications and evaluate and recommend acquisition of applications, hardware/software and information technology services, including API/Configurations for Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) solutions.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- You can make recommendations on the acquisition of applications, software, hardware and information technology services.
- You can assess information and systems needs of clients, and assist in the development of improved, cost effective solutions.
- You can design alternatives based on business/client needs and provide recommendations on appropriate hardware and software configuration.
- You have knowledge of system technologies (such as operating systems, custom application software, packaged applications, and client customized software and networks), and the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of Cluster technology platforms.
- You have knowledge of internet technologies and emerging technologies, to lead a project team in the identification and evaluation of information technology options for clients.
- You have the ability to understand Cluster administrative policies and directives to ensure compliance of recommendations on acquisition of technology and services and negotiation of contracts.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
- You have the ability to contribute in the discussions of systems development options and technical processes to project team.
- You can effectively discuss systems development recommendations with clients and communicate advantages and disadvantages of various options and their impact on service delivery.
- You maintain current knowledge of trends and advances in IT across various computing platforms, including configuration and/or new development, analysis and design techniques.
1 Permanent, 33 King St W, Oshawa, Central Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Category: Information Technology
Posted on: Tuesday, April 28, 2020
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description:Filling equipmentDriving forkliftLine set-up dutiesShipping & receiving dutiesGeneral plant maintenance dutiesEnsures operators follow the proper identification of products, flow of cy [...]
Are you an experienced GMAW (MIG) welder looking for full-time employment? If so we have an immediate opportunity to start with a long-tenured manufacturing facility in the Oshawa East area. What w [...]
Labourer to dig and install irrigation systems. Must be physically fit and have a valid Ontario Drivers Licence. Irrigation experience would be an asset . Job Types: Full-time, Part-time Experienc [...]
Oshawa, ON Full-time, Part-time Labourer to dig and install irrigation systems. Must be physically fit and have a valid Ontario Drivers Licence. Irrigation experience would be an asset . Job Type [...]