Scope of the Position
Responsible for day to day reconciliation of shareholder entitlements and managing the tax reporting requirements of Corporate Action transactions. This individual must prioritize special reconciliation work and ensures that all tax objectives are completed in a timely and efficient manner. As part of their responsibilities they must interact with Relationship Managers, Project Managers, and Team Leaders at all levels within the organization to resolve outstanding reconciliation and tax issues. This individual will act as a main point of contact between National Taxation Unit, Montreal Reconciliation, and Corporate Actions.
They must adhere to established policies and procedures as well as tax rules, requirements and turnaround standards and deliverables. They are responsible for providing quality service that is tied in to delivering on client's directions and requirements and we provide exemplary service to our collective clients. Tax reporting must be accurate, and we must ensure that revenue and expenses are accurately tracked and reported.
- Responsible for leading and managing all responsibilities associated with all Corporate Actions tax reporting throughout the course of the year leading into the annual year-end tax project.
- Gather and analyze historical payment data in SCRIP, MEP, and Cosmos Trust.
- Identify existing and new payments issued via Corporate Action transactions monthly.
- Verify tax reporting obligations with Relationship Managers and Project Managers for each Corporate Action transaction.
- Stay up to date with annual amendments for CRA and IRS tax forms and reporting.
- Coordinate with the National Taxation Unit in drafting and finalizing CRA and IRS tax forms.
- Balance Cosmos Trust accounts utilizing Excel spreadsheets, system reports and banking statements from day one.
- Balance internal trustee and nominee accounts to ensure correct release of share entitlement from day one.
- Balance internal trustee and nominee accounts against outstanding predecessor positions held at Computershare on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate funding of external BNS accounts as per reconciliation reports provided by Montreal Recon group.
- Coordinate resolution of COSMOS Trust overdraft positions as per reconciliation reports provided by Montreal Recon group.
- Coordinate resolution of Nominee and Capital Out of Balance situations as per reports provided by Montreal Recon group.
- Audit outgoing payments and payment reconciliation forms.
- Work with external Transfer Agents balancing share positions held in the name of Computershare Trust.
- Perform in-depth research to identify and resolve any out of balance conditions on Corporate Action jobs on a timely basis.
- Identify and clear exceptions. Resolve exception and complex recon problems.
- Reconcile unexchanged shareholder liabilities for Principal; dividend and Cash in Lieu funding.
- Participate and provide feedback on special recon and migration projects
- Create or assist others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Produce monthly reconciliation reports for management review.
- Participate in regular conference calls at all levels within organization to research and resolve outstanding issues.
PROFILE 1: Education & Training
- University or College degree or certificate in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration (or equivalent) is preferred
- Canadian Securities Course
- TI Phase I & II
PROFILE 2: Experience
- 2-4 years of accounting, tax or reconciliation experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some experience in dealing with security transfer processing or Corporate Actions events is preferable.
PROFILE 3: Decision Making & Problem Solving
- This individual must act independently and use their good judgment in making decisions and mitigating any risk to Computershare.
- Must be able to readily identify any potential problems and find a solution that removes the risk from Computershare.
- Results of a decision, action or advice could have considerable consequences.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities concurrently.
PROFILE 4: Supervisory & Management Responsibility
- Position has no direct supervisory responsibilities. However, this position requires a person who exhibits clear leadership skills as they act as the liaison between Corporate Actions and the National Taxation Unit.
- This position will also need to cross train any new associates regarding planning and directing reconciliation work.
PROFILE 5: Independence of Action
- The job requires that the incumbent work independently and co-ordinate activities, information, materials, resources within a small group of tasks or complex projects. The priorities of the job must be continually changed to meet multiple and conflicting demands on their time and effort. Co-ordination is a major part of the job.
PROFILE 6: LANGUAGE ABILITY
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. They must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, team leaders and managers.
PROFILE 7: Mathematical and Reasoning Ability
- Successful applicant must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. They must also be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The successful applicant must also have an Advanced knowledge of Excel
PROFILE 8: Contacts - Internal and External
- Corporate Actions Client Services Professionals, National Taxation Unit as well as other Department Managers and Senior Management
- Contact within the organization may require considerable discussion and explanation.
- There is little contact required outside the organization, but this may involve dealing with external transfer agents in resolving sensitive or complex reconciliation issues that may involve considerable negotiation and explanation
PROFILE 9: Physical Skill and Effort
This factor describes two elements of physical requirements:
1. The physical effort required to perform the job (e.g. sitting, standing, visual attention, lifting, climbing etc.) and;
2. The physical skills and dexterity required to perform the job (e.g. easy muscular movements, constant speed and dexterity etc.)
- A major component of the job duties and responsibilities is the completion of a task within deadlines that occur at a continuous and rapid pace. The pressures of time are severe and continuous.
- The position requires extended periods of concentration in reading and analyzing a variety of internal/external documents.
- The skill and knowledge requirements of the job are frequently changing. Some moderate effort is required to keep skills and knowledge up to date and this usually can be done during the performance of work activities but some additional effort is necessary beyond scheduled working hours
PROFILE 10: Working Conditions
- The workplace provides a good working environment with almost no disagreeable conditions.
- There is minimal risk of injury to the incumbent.
- There is no requirement to travel.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Toronto, ON $53,820 a year Bachelor's degree 2 years to less than 3 years Budgetary Responsibility - 0 - $100,000 Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Access - MS Excel [...]
I can help with any kind of moving. Available on short notice. Loading and unloading helper. Call only. 4162687413 [...]
Toronto, ON The opportunity The Performance Analyst reports to the Manager/Senior Manager, Performance Analytics and is responsible for performance measurement, attribution and analytical reporting [...]
One of the Leading Bakeries in the world are looking to add full time Forklift Drivers to their team in Vaughan. If you are interested, please reach out to 647 271 8167 Tenure: Full time Shift: 7:00 [...]