Pharmacy Assistant (18 month Term)
LocationCalgary, ABJob TypeFull-time, Temporary
BioScript Solutions is committed to helping patients with chronic illnesses and rare diseases achieve the best possible health outcomes. With our total care approach, we simplify access to complex drug therapies and deliver full-service specialty care solutions at every stage of the treatment journey. With a nationwide network of pharmacies, clinics, and distribution centre, we’re a proud employer of more than 750 team members across Canada.
BioScript Pharmacy has more than a decade of experience helping patients navigate specialty medications. As a true partner in care, we help patients understand, prepare for and proceed with their treatment,
giving them the time and attention they deserve.
It takes passionate, empowered and inspired people to deliver exceptional patient care and support. If you’re looking for a collaborative and dynamic workplace where you can bring and be your best, we have a role for you.
We are looking for a Pharmacy Assistant to join our dynamic specialized pharmacy in Calgary, AB. The scope of this role includes filling prescriptions, labeling drug, making calls to patients, and maintaining the inflow of communication to the pharmacy email.
This is a temporary (18 months), full time position which requires a working schedule of 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday.
- Packing pharmaceutical products as per seasonal protocols;
- Working with each vendor’s shipping software to create waybills for specific locations;
- Verifying shipments are sent to the correct location and as per the expected delivery schedule;
- Assist with dispensing activities, such as filling and labelling medication;
- Assist with inventory activities, such as receiving orders and counting inventory weekly;
- Resolve payment or drug coverage issues with payers, including insurance companies, patient support programs, and patients;
- Work with financial information, including entering data into computer software, preparing invoices, and maintaining patient AR accounts;
- Participating in responding to communication from various stakeholders, including monitoring email accounts and answering phones;
- Diligent and proactive monitoring of claims with issues, resolving before the patient dose date; and
- Other related tasks as required.
- College diploma in Pharmacy Assistant program or related field or equivalent training and experience;
- 1+ years' experience in a similar role;
- Experience using Kroll in a pharmacy setting is an asset;
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- High attention to detail and thorough within a fast paced environment;
- General computer proficiency and competence with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Proficiency with numbers and calculations;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to problem solve, think critically, and make decisions independently;
- Flexible and able to handle heavy and fluctuating workloads;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Capable of lifting and organizing boxes and inventory (5-10 lbs and repetitive movements, up to 30 lbs);
- Driven by continuous learning; and
- Able to work well within a team environment.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application electronically ONLY before March 18, 2020. Please do not contact the pharmacy directly.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected to participate in the hiring process will be contacted.
Posted 6 days ago
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Overview: What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest [...]
Modern Beauty was established in Calgary in 1986 and is continuously expanding to accommodate our growing customer base. Today we have 25 locations across Alberta and British Columbia, in addition to [...]
Overview: At Blush Lane Organic Market, we believe we can have a positive impact, locally and globally, by actively promoting sustainable agriculture, ethical practices and environmentally conscious [...]
***FORMWORK CARPENTERS*** Glenform Construction Ltd are hiring for work in Downtown Vancouver!!! - Top packages available - Packages can include: - Top Rates - Flights - Accommodation - Tr [...]