Thursday, March 12, 2020
Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada's Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada's Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Do you have a keen eye for detail, great communication skills,
and a desire to work in a positive team environment?
Purdys Chocolatier is looking for a full-time Janitor to join our efficient team at our Chocolate Factory in Vancouver, BC!
As a Janitor, duties include but are not limited to:
- Complying with all company GMP’s
- Carrying out responsibilities identified in the Purdy Quality Management System including required documentation and quality checks
- Cleaning the plant and removing trash and recycling material daily
- Carrying out any required Preventative Maintenance tasks and completing required documentation
- Complying with all safety policies, accident prevention and compliance programs; reviews work areas for potential issues that could result in losses
- Other duties may be added or deleted as necessary
All applicants MUST have:
- Availability for Graveyard shift. Availability for other shifts an asset for moving into other depts
- Occupational First Aid certificate preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
- Ability to influence others and create a teamwork environment
- Has excellent organizational skills
- Can create neat accurate and legible reports
- Physically capable of performing janitorial tasks
- Takes direction well from a variety of people
*As this is a unionized work environment – union membership is mandatory upon hire.
- For the safety of our employees, steel toe shoes are also a requirement.
Pay: $15/hour, plus $0.60 premium after 6:00pm
Pay Premium: $0.75 for OFA 1 or 2 (Occupational First Aid)
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained
outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present
an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be
considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for
their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of
applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who
have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at [email protected]
- Pay Type
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
JOB DESCRIPTION We are currently looking for a Full-time Hybrid Building Caretaker for our site in Vancouver/Burnaby. - Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM The ideal candidate must have at least [...]
Vancouver, BC Full-time, Permanent $16 an hour JOB DESCRIPTION We are currently looking for a Full-time Hybrid Building Caretaker for our site in Vancouver/Burnaby. - Monday to Friday 9:00 AM t [...]
Vancouver, BC Full-time, Part-time $14 - $18 an hour Vancouver based commercial & Residential cleaning Company looking to hire several strong cleaners/janitors for Offices, residential and commerci [...]
Vancouver, BC Casual *PLEASE NOTE: this position is casual/on-call only. Full-time and part-time shifts are not available. You must reside within a 30-minute commute to the RCMP detachment in order [...]