Public Health Ontario
Program Toronto Public Health Laboratory
Job ID 19-0179
Great people, exceptional teams building a stronger Public Health Ontario.
We are Public Health Ontario (PHO). We live our values as a shared promise to each other, our clients and our partners. We value credibility, innovation, responsiveness, collaboration, integrity and respect.
With our partners in Ontario’s health system, we monitor and address the needs of the population by providing the scientific evidence and expert guidance that shapes policies and practices for a healthier Ontario. With locations across Ontario,
we are working to ensure that Ontario has the strongest public health system in the world so that every day Ontarians wake up in one of the safest places to live in the world.
For more information about PHO, visit www.publichealthontario.ca
Position Title: Mail Room Clerk
Department: Toronto Public Health Laboratory
Duration: full time , Permanent
Location: 661 University Ave, Toronto
Compensation Group: OPSEU
Salary: $21.95 to $24.50
Position Status: External
Internal Candidates will be considered first
Please note, the successful candidate must be available to work until 6:00 pm.
Posting Date: November 14, 2019
Closing Date: November 28, 2019
To provide mail and courier (including packages and samples) processing services in support of the Public Health Ontario Laboratory.
- Receives/logs and delivers diagnostic and/or infectious medical specimens that come through the warehouse to DASH on a daily basis;
- Receives, collects, processes, sorts and delivers diagnostic and/or infectious medical specimens, mail, test reports and other materials delivered to the PHOL on a daily basis;
- Sorts, logs, tracks and routes incoming items to the appropriate areas of PHOL central and regional sites;
- Processes outgoing mail, test results, miscellaneous items including sorting, weighing, metering, bagging, etc. for delivery to other facilities, ministries, hospitals, health units, etc.
- Utilizes a variety of equipment including mail/meter equipment, sealers, folding and inserting machines, labelling equipment for mass mailings;
- Provides immediate pick-up and delivery of rush, stat items and parcels within the building and by external couriers as required;
- Responds to all inquiries, telephone, or in-person regarding mail processing and procedures to clients;
- Performs related tasks such as requisitioning stock for the Mail Room; carrying out safety duties, preparing labels, signing delivery receipts, covering phones within the department.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of relevant Canada Post regulations to process outgoing mail.
- Knowledge of PHOL mailing procedures and the use of related equipment to process mail, complete forms and operate equipment.
- Knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations and training in WHIMIS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Avery Wizard.
- Knowledge of correct completion of shipping manifests and related documents.
- Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to respond to inquiries regarding mail procedures.
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with couriers.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- 1 year experience in a similar role
Attributes and Competencies
- Works within PHOL mail processing procedures and standards as well as legislative requirements pertaining to the handling of dangerous goods.
Job Status Full Time Regular
Posting date 11/14/2019
Closing date 11/28/2019
Street Address 661 University Ave
Province Ontario [ON]
Country Canada [CA]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hinton, AB Full-time, Part-time $15 - $16 an hour WENDY'S in Hinton We are looking for Full Time / Part Time Team Member to join our Team for Hinton Branch. Duties and Responsibilities is to provi [...]
Vancouver, BC About Us Join an established, scaling and award-winning team at Trulioo (Truly-you)! Recognized as a "CNBC Disruptor 50 Company", named by BC Tech Association as "Emerging Company of t [...]
Scarborough, ON Temporary Temporary seasonal help needed. Dec 13, 16, 17, 18 AND 19. Start 9AM. Work to approx 6PM, may send home earlier if we are not too busy. MUST have good penmanship. Requires [...]
Vancouver, BC The ideal Salesperson is passionate about fashion, enjoys working one-on-one with customers and thrives in a sales environment. A day in the life… - Set and achieve sales goals [...]