DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
DSV Solutions is part of the global DSV family - a financially stable top 5 global logistics organization - and we are growing!
Location: Milton, Ontario CN
The Director of Business Development will be success driven, customer oriented, always seeking new opportunities professional. This role is a (hunter) position focused on selling contract logistics solutions. Adept with identifying new opportunities; developing value proposition; managing the internal bid process and stakeholder relationships; presenting and negotiating; and closing. Ideally, this individual will have an established network in the fast-moving consumer goods vertical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a “trusted advisor” relationship with all relevant stakeholder’s internally and externally including decision makers.
- Thought leadership that thinks outside the box
- Delivers results by leveraging the skills of the right people at the right time.
- Effective negotiating skills
- Develops personal sales strategy which ties into overall corporate goals.
- Provides timely and accurate revenue and profitability forecasts
- Proactively identifies industry and economic trends that can impact DSV Solutions business
- Communicates sales plans and status to management
- Supports a world-class sales organization in the region within approved budgets and continually increasing personal ROI.
- Keeps abreast of regional and industry developments
- Helps DSV capture mindshare by marketing/speaking at events
- Actively contributes to expanding company knowledge base
- Contributes to corporate projects
- Treats the client as the highest priority
- Balances the win for the client with the win for DSV Solutions
- Pro-actively participates in the processes of the company
- Actively uses and manages sales force automation IT
- Turns in reporting on time and complete
- Follows DSV defined processes
- Represents DSV in the community
- Acts in accordance with DSV's corporate governance and effective controls
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- 3 to 5 years Sales Experience with demonstrated success in the contract logistics business
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Intermediate knowledge of financial/accounting/budgetary terms and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, Internet Explorer
- Should be comfortable working with Sales Force Automation and Knowledge Management tools
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in English
- Must have experience in building relationships and trust with clients
- Should be well versed in supply chain management
- Should be both sales and operationally inclined – can sell as well as deliver
- Should be familiar with solution selling concepts and methodologies
- Strong consultative selling skills - listening, attention to details, ability to probe and offer insight.
- The ability to sell custom solutions.
- Self- motivated and has a competitive drive.
- Strong organization, communication and decision-making skills.
- Must be a team player who leveraged the greater capability of the firm and willing to share best practices with team members.
- The ability to quickly establish trust and build long-term executive level relationships with clients is absolutely critical to this position.
- Aspires to be part of a world-class sales organization and thrives as part of a high performing team.
- The ability to establish partnerships by selling at a higher level and avoid transactional business models.
- Should be familiar with the local business etiquette and customs of the region
- Travel Requirements: Travel up to 20% of the time to client locations and attend regional and/or global meetings
Demonstrated competency in the following areas:
- Business Planning
- Training design and teaching
- Acts as a team player
- Serves others before themselves
- Leads by serving as a role model—don’t ask others to do what they wouldn’t do themselves
- Exhibits personal skills
- Probes to improve listening
- Listens before speaking
- Displays Business acumen
- Projects Personal Mastery
- 5 Years operational experience in supply chain/ logistics industry
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Montréal, QC Job Description Kanguru.ca is a digital media agency that creates innovative media products and services for their clients. Since our inception, we have made our clients' success our [...]
Edmonton, AB Your Opportunity: Description: As a Surgical Processor, you will be responsible for the decontamination, reassembly and sterilization of hospital supplies, equipment and surgical inst [...]
Burnaby, BC UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD. We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it’s launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for y [...]
Laval, QC LUNDI AU VENDREDI - SALAIRE TRÈS INTÉRESSANT À DISCUTER LORS DE L'ENTREVUE - VOUS DEVEZ ÊTRE DISPONIBLE À TEMPS PLEIN CUISINE - La personne aura la responsabilité d'effectuer la c [...]