Penguin Event Staffing
Our client, L-Eat Catering is seeking an experienced and dynamic high volume cook to work alongside our Chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. The succsessful candidate will provide meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Catering Cook Job Duties
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plattering
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation seasons
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Assists in supervising all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and company standards
- Works with chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists chef with menu creation
- Coordinates with management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
Catering Cook Skills And Qualifications
Formal Culinary Training, Previous Restaurant or High Volume Catering Experience, Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge, Catering Industry Knowledge, Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of Kitchen Regulations, Leadership, Management, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Brampton, ON If you have a passion for fast fashion, then Urban Kids is your career destination. We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join our amazing team at our Shopper’s World lo [...]
Mont-royal, QC $23.12 - $33.61 an hour Un mandat dédié à un milieu de vie animé et dynamique! Vous évaluerez la mobilité fonctionnelle du résident et déterminerez, entre autres, le poten [...]
Vancouver, BC $60,000 a year Other trades certificate or diploma 5 years or more - or equivalent experience Operating Systems and Software - Virtualization Work Setting - Manufactu [...]
Summerside, PE $17.65 an hour The Merchandiser is responsible for product merchandising within large volume stores. This includes stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, coo [...]