Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
This is a six-month contract position. Extension is likely,
however, not guaranteed.
The ideal candidate for this role is highly analytical, strives for efficiency, and is process oriented. This candidate is looking for a challenging opportunity and is eager to demonstrate Employee Relations, and organizational skills in a fast paced and evolving environment.
As an Employee Relations Consultant, a typical day to include the following:
- You will be a professional HR Employee Relations subject matter expert who is armed with a broad knowledge and skill in the HR disciplines. Combined with sound judgment, strong communication skills, combine with an emphasis on active listening capabilities in order to collaborate with our client at all levels via phone in the development of solutions on a wide spectrum of employee relations related situations.
- Collaborate with Alight’s outsourcing clients to develop integrated HR solutions to business needs, in order to fully leverage human asset potential and to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Provide expertise, guidance, self –help tools and superior quality service to managers, employees and client executives, across all of business of the client
- Leverage a broad knowledge and skills in the HR disciplines and using sound judgment and active listing, collaborating over the phone in the development of solutions on a wide spectrum of HR related situations such as:
- Performance Management
- Change Management / restructuring impacts
- Conflict resolution
- HR Planning & Staffing
- Leaves of Absence and absenteeism
- Work environment
- Career Development
- Educate the client on risks and consequences of each alternative, while understanding the requirements outlined in selected legislation, including the Canada Labor Code, Human Rights Act, Health and Safety, and Employment Equity
- Draw upon past HR and ER related experience and educate the client on corporate perspective and possible impact their actions might have in the short term, longer term, and at different levels of the organization
- Apply well developed diagnostic and consulting abilities while problem solving and developing solutions
- Use existing technologies effectively while providing key information that support efficient communication links to assist in developing HR solutions
- Influence the client in adopting the preferred recommendation that supports client goals and business objectives
- Use analytical and conceptual thinking, proactively identify key issues and emerging trends, and suggest solutions as required
- Stay informed and aware of HR best practices / trends in the workplace
- Work collaboratively within a team and leverage individual ideas and contributions that foster partnership and cooperation, while benefiting all stakeholders
- Frequent computer use at workstation up to three hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
- Daily contact with clients for developing the client relationship.
- Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
- Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings with clients as required.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in an HR role with expertise gained in Employee Relations, employment legislation and consulting
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to manage multiple Ad Hoc requests, at the same time and manage changing priorities.
- Knowledge, prior working experience within the financial services industry, an asset
- University degree / College Diploma
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation completed or in progress
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Montréal, QC Job Description Kanguru.ca is a digital media agency that creates innovative media products and services for their clients. Since our inception, we have made our clients' success our [...]
Edmonton, AB Your Opportunity: Description: As a Surgical Processor, you will be responsible for the decontamination, reassembly and sterilization of hospital supplies, equipment and surgical inst [...]
Burnaby, BC UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD. We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it’s launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for y [...]
Laval, QC LUNDI AU VENDREDI - SALAIRE TRÈS INTÉRESSANT À DISCUTER LORS DE L'ENTREVUE - VOUS DEVEZ ÊTRE DISPONIBLE À TEMPS PLEIN CUISINE - La personne aura la responsabilité d'effectuer la c [...]