The Operations Manager - Construction is responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to the Construction and Fleet/Maintenance Departments including technical guidance, troubleshooting for various construction projects, providing support to field staff and career mentorship. They will champion our safety value across all activities and work closely with the Fleet/Maintenance and Safety Managers to ensure applicable operations are also in compliance with the NSC Transportation regulations.
The Operations Manager – Construction acts as a companywide liaison, providing information and feedback to internal (all regional offices) and external stakeholders regarding all construction projects.
This role coordinates ongoing projects with the Project Management personnel, Regional Managers and Sales to identify resource availability.
- Safely plans to execute construction projects profitably and in line with company objectives.
- Coordinate company wide construction resources across geographic regions (Canada & US).
- Execute major projects anywhere in North America using a core pool of resources.
- Work to have foundation solutions installed in a safe and cost-effective manner that will meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Work with other departments to ensure adequate support for construction activities, including: safety, project management, supply chain, manufacturing, maintenance, sales, human resources and quality control.
- Ensure construction reporting procedures are in place, including ensuring key metrics for safety, installation performance (daily LEMs) and customer requirements.
- Manage the fleet (rolling stock and yellow iron) and associated fleet maintenance department, ensure NSC Transportation compliance.
- Formulate strategic planning and budget development for the Construction department aligned with and in support of Corporate strategic objectives.
- Development of knowledge and capability across all foundation services (helical, driven, micro, and sheet piling; shoring) and promote the employment of new technologies and innovative construction methods.
- Formulate construction operations strategies to optimize resource utilization and minimize cost implications.
- Mentor and build relationships with field employees and act as a role model for all field staff.
- Participate in interviews, hiring and other recruitment activities for construction employees.
- Support and supervise senior-level members of the construction team to encourage Almita’s growth.
- Support estimating department with logistical and cost-effective solutions to ensure winning bid strategies.
- Identify operational efficiencies’ and synergies among other departments and operations.
- Manage Construction and Fleet Maintenance Department CAPEX and OPEX budgets.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the department and ensure compliance to these policies and procedures.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
The following are required:
- Post-secondary education in business management, engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on field construction experience
- 5 to 7 years of management experience, preferably within the commercial/industrial construction industry
- Knowledge of deep foundation technologies
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation and maintenance principles
The following are considered assets:
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- National Construction Safety Officer certification (NCSO)
Candidate please note: While this role is based in Edmonton, the Operations teams this role oversees are based in Ponoka, AB. There will be considerate day travel to Ponoka, AB.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Winnipeg, MB To meet the demands of our rapidly growing base of satisfied customers, Handyman Connection is seeking an experienced Drywall Finisher. This skilled craftsman would ideally have a variet [...]
Victoria, BC Part-time $14.50 - $16.00 an hour The Night Auditor is the face of the Island Travel Inn hotel for the thousands of travelers that pass through every year. Job Description: - Resp [...]
Vancouver, BC The Key Holder Cast Member supports the Store Leadership Team by participating in the day-to-day operations of the Store ensuring that the Guest, both internal and external, has “The [...]
Ottawa, ON REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Audience Data and Measurement DEPARTMENT: Audience Development - Digital Leadership STATUS: Full-Time St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to o [...]