CPP Investment Board
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London,
Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are hiring a Senior Manager to lead a new Data Solutions Analysis team.
In this role, you will leverage your expertise implementing sophisticated data engineering and analytics capabilities to improve throughput for all our colleagues through automation.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Data & Advanced Analytics and in partnership with Investment Departments, Core Services, and Technology & Data, you will build and deploy business intelligence (BI) solutions and other advanced data capabilities to enable ingesting, engineering, and disseminating of data, all with the goal of increasing the throughput and effectiveness of teams across CPPIB.
You will work closely with the IT architecture, data integration, and application development teams to deploy these new capabilities and minimize manual data manipulation wherever possible. You will develop and nurture strong relationships with partners in a variety of different business units, building an understanding of their unique investment processes and how to apply technology to reduce operational costs, improve operational efficiency, and enhance self-service capabilities.
- Operationalize and deploy modern BI tools
- Develop and champion automation as a core capability for service delivery as an automated workforce, identify automation opportunities for data ingestion and processing, leveraging robotic process automation (RPA), text analytics, and other technologies
- Identify manual processes or user-developed applications as candidates for automation/ operationalization to reduce operational instability and human error
- Provide subject matter expertise related to BI, data automation, and isualization tools
- Build and operationalize data engineering capabilities to centrally ingest structured and unstructured data, eliminating manual transposition to prepare data for analysis
- Manage expectations and build relationships across all levels of the organization within a variety of business units
Consider applying if you have most of the following:
- A passion around learning new technologies with a track record of acting on this in prior roles
- Ability to quickly understand the data needs of various investment strategies or data users such as quantitative, fundamental equity, private equity, and operations teams, quickly translating complex technical concepts into simplified business terms
- Experience working with financial data such as: security master data, IBOR/ABOR data, fundamentals data, market data, and alternative data
- Strong understanding of the application of data science, tools and technology in the investment lifecycle
- Experience as a leader in hiring, organizing, and motivating teams and directing multiple projects simultaneously serving multiple stakeholders
- Exposure to data modeling, data architecture, data engineering, data analysis and data science (familiarity with ETL tools, data warehousing and big data architecture and cloud constructs)
- Ability to build relationships and influence across a diverse groups of stakeholders (including C-
- level) in a number of different business units
- 10+ years of experience building and leading effective and high performing teams
- Polished communication and presentation skills. Experience in presenting to and communicating with C-suite individuals
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or any other quantitative field
- Commitment to CPPIB’s guiding principles of integrity, partnership and high performance
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hinton, AB Full-time, Part-time $15 - $16 an hour WENDY'S in Hinton We are looking for Full Time / Part Time Team Member to join our Team for Hinton Branch. Duties and Responsibilities is to provi [...]
Vancouver, BC About Us Join an established, scaling and award-winning team at Trulioo (Truly-you)! Recognized as a "CNBC Disruptor 50 Company", named by BC Tech Association as "Emerging Company of t [...]
Scarborough, ON Temporary Temporary seasonal help needed. Dec 13, 16, 17, 18 AND 19. Start 9AM. Work to approx 6PM, may send home earlier if we are not too busy. MUST have good penmanship. Requires [...]
Vancouver, BC The ideal Salesperson is passionate about fashion, enjoys working one-on-one with customers and thrives in a sales environment. A day in the life… - Set and achieve sales goals [...]