Small Economy Works
Small Economy Works - Training and Development Lead
To apply send your resume to [email protected]
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 40 hours/week
Compensation: $61,000 - $80,000 + benefits
Location: Toronto, ON
About Small Economy Works
This is an opportunity to work with an award winning education and training organization, that was recently featured in Forbes as a HundrED top 100 global education innovation to change the world. We’re looking for a rockstar entrepreneurial leader with a passion for education, entrepreneurship and training people for the future of work. You will be leading much of the training and education work for a globally recognized organization looking to evolve into its next phase.
While currently small with around 10 staff, this is your chance to join a rapidly growing organization at the ground floor with plenty of growth on the horizon. You will be a part of fueling the development of youth entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs across Canada, providing experiential learning for people to thrive in the present and in the future! Small Economy Works has projects happening across Canada, including the Arctic and other communities in Canada’s rural regions, where you will likely have the opportunity to visit.
Small Economy Works is a non-profit organization that works in local contexts to catalyze grassroots economic empowerment solutions that make small communities thrive in the 21st century. We believe in hyperlocalization and scaling horizontally, where our materials are co-created and adapted to a region’s local culture and lens of the world. Our work for the past three years has been focused on remote Arctic communities in Canada, through our platforms Inspire Nunavut and Inspire Nunavik. These initiatives have invigorated grassroots economies and resilience in the arts, culture, essential services, food and apparel among others.
We are looking for an independent, enthusiastic, professional searching for an opportunity to grow professionally while making a positive impact. The position is located in Toronto, Ontario and will typically report to the CEO of the organization.
About the Role
As the head of training and education you will be leading our training development, adaptation and delivery. Many of our programs are centred around future skills building, entrepreneurship, social innovation and financial management. Our programs are used to educate many different groups from high school students, college students to companies. There is lots on the horizon and there is ample opportunity to transform this role.
Some duties and responsibilities based on current and upcoming projects may include:
- Auditing current curriculum and improving materials and process
- Auditing and improving train-the-trainer manual
- Engaging with a project around financial management
- Engaging with a project around digital credentialing
- Collaborating with post-secondary institution partners
- Collaborating with high school partners
- Streamlining current training resources into standalone ed-tech solution
- Training on entrepreneurship, social innovation, future skills related topics
- Engaging with prospective and current clients
- Training internal staff on new or current training materials
- Training program proponents on new or current training materials
- Participating in leadership discussions around strategic direction of organization
- You are an entrepreneurial leader who can see a grand vision, but also execute on operational level tasks
- You are highly organized and manage your time effectively
- You can handle high stress situations within a startup environment
- You are dependable and reliable
- You work well both independently, and in teams
- You can manage multiple tasks at once
- You communicate clearly and effectively
- You are client focussed
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are capable of using Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- 3+ years experience in education and/or training
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in education/training is an asset
- Background work or education experience with topics related to entrepreneurship, social innovation, technology, future/essential skills is an asset
Why join us?
We are a passionate and dedicated team, who truly care about the people we are working with and we want to empower and support them. Our cause is to prepare young people for the new economy by helping them become more entrepreneurial and to have the agency to carve their own paths. We would love another team member who believes in this mission!
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Brampton, ON If you have a passion for fast fashion, then Urban Kids is your career destination. We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager to join our amazing team at our Shopper’s World lo [...]
Mont-royal, QC $23.12 - $33.61 an hour Un mandat dédié à un milieu de vie animé et dynamique! Vous évaluerez la mobilité fonctionnelle du résident et déterminerez, entre autres, le poten [...]
Vancouver, BC $60,000 a year Other trades certificate or diploma 5 years or more - or equivalent experience Operating Systems and Software - Virtualization Work Setting - Manufactu [...]
Summerside, PE $17.65 an hour The Merchandiser is responsible for product merchandising within large volume stores. This includes stocking shelves, rotating shelved product, setting up displays, coo [...]