Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia
Position: Director, Human Resources
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Corporate Services & CFO
Contract type: Regular, Full Time
The Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) is seeking an achievement focused individual, with exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the organization for the Director, Human Resources role. Come join a collaborative and constructive network of like-minded professionals, and take the first step towards an exciting opportunity by applying to the position.
The Director, Human Resources is responsible for leading,
building and supporting a people-first culture where CPABC employees are well trained, engaged and inspired to provide our stakeholders (members, students, government, public) an exceptional customer-focused experience. The Director, HR is accountable for providing an effective, value-add HR delivery model encompassing all facets of an HR practice whilst partnering with the Senior Management Committee to continuously improve organization effectiveness.
- Understand the business objectives and develop the appropriate HR programs, policies, strategies and processes to deliver on CPABC’s mandate while promoting the organization’s culture and values throughout the workplace;
- Lead and manage a Total Rewards approach and design of employee health benefits plan, RRSP/TFSA programs, setting starting salaries, annual merit & discretionary bonus process and other employee perks;
- Lead and ensure best fit HR practices and continuous process improvement in the areas of recruitment, performance management, HR systems, and retention;
- Support leaders in creating and fostering a positive employee experience that results in a committed and capable workforce. This includes providing advice in the areas of change management, performance/employee coaching, conflict resolution, organization development;
- Provide trusted HR counsel with a balanced view on the business and employee impact;
- Support the Executives in leadership development of the senior management team;
- Facilitate and engage in the leadership talent review processes, succession preparedness, 360’s and supporting the development of individual development plans to maximize the employee’s potential;
- Budget owner/driver for a full offering of employee activities throughout the year. Inspire active participation in various CPABC culture activities including Lunch and Learns, RRSP Committee, Health & Safety, Social Committee, Day of Giving, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary qualification in a related discipline, or equivalent experience;
- Five (5) years of HR Director-level experience, focusing on strategic alignment;
- Ten (10) plus years of progressive experience in all areas of HR including compensation and leadership development;
- Prior experience leading, coaching and developing a small team;
- Strong business acumen and experience working with senior Executives;
- Compensation management and total rewards experience;
- HR metrics, reporting and system implementation experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with the ability to influence at all levels of an organization;
- Proven expertise in organizational development and effectiveness;
- Highly collaborative with a “roll up the sleeves” working style.
- Completed MBA or CPA designation would be beneficial;
- CPHR designation would be an asset;
- Insights Discovery System Certified would be ideal.
If this job outline describes you, please email your résumé and cover letter with salary expectations to [email protected] by Friday, December 20th, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted by January 10th, 2020. We thank in advance all candidates who respond; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Why join our team? CPABC offers an entrepreneurial environment with a competitive compensation package. At CPABC we live our core values:
- We Are Open
- We Work Together
- We Communicate
- We Improve Every Day
- We Are Professional
- We Laugh and Celebrate
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Owner operator looking for responsible driver to run our 2015 peterbuilt at a reputable local company. Work is around gp and usually home every night. must have: fluid experience super b experienc [...]
Experienced Landscapers: Come join our team! This is us: https://www.crocuslandscaping.com/ - Full service, high-end, residential construction and maintenance landscaping - Professional, Efficien [...]
Must be able to lift in excess of 100 lbs and work flexible hours. Job Type: Full-time Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour Licence: - DZ (Required) [...]
We believe in delivering an unsurpassed level of customer service, and the highest quality product. You must be comfortable interacting with guest, have a positive upbeat friendly attitude, and be wil [...]