City of Mississauga.
$14.75 - $16.40 an hour
Responsible providing a safe skating experience during Public Skates to meet the needs of all participants through monitoring compliance of the Skaters Code of Conduct.
Learn more from Taylor on what it is like to be a Skate Patroller at the City!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor compliance to the skaters Code of Conduct and enforce compliance by speaking to the participant(s) and then reporting on-going non-compliance or unacceptable behavior to the Head Skate Patrol for further action.
- Ensure the health and safety of all participants while in the program and to document all accidents/incidents immediately. In the event where it is necessary,
to provide appropriate First Aid and follow emergency procedures.
- Monitor ice conditions and immediately notifying the Head Skate Patrol and an incident report filled out.
- Monitor and report on the condition of the boards, gates and glass.
- Enforce a zero tolerance policy of abusive behavior in accordance with the violence and vandalism policy.
- Assist public with general program information.
- Inform full time supervisor of any staffing/participant issues that may compromise the program.
- Follow appropriate reporting procedures for Child Abuse or Bullying issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Emergency First Aid Certificate (Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross Society, St. John’s Ambulance or the Canadian Ski Patrol)
- Strong skating skills and knowledge of safe on ice practices
- Exposure to cold working environment
- Primarily arena location
Hourly Rate/Salary: $14.75 - $16.40
Hours of Work: 8 - 12 hours
Work Location: Various
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , Sport & Community Development
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Level III - Vulnerable Sector Check will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Mississauga, ON Temporary $14.75 - $16.40 an hour Job Summary Responsible providing a safe skating experience during Public Skates to meet the needs of all participants through monitoring complian [...]
Mississauga, ON Permanent $60,742 - $101,237 a year Job Summary A Fire Inspector enforces Fire and Life Safety requirements of the City of Mississauga and the Province of Ontario by conducting com [...]
Mississauga, ON Temporary $79,251 - $105,669 a year Job Summary Reporting to the Manager, Transit Business Systems, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing projects r [...]
Mississauga, ON Temporary $69,629 - $92,842 a year Job Summary Review applications for building permits, certificates of occupancy and other land developmnt applications in a timely manner. Ens [...]