Nova Scotia School Boards (NSSB).
New Minas, NS
Annapolis Valley Regional Centre for Education
New Minas Elementary School/Port Williams Elementary School
Library Technician 3.25 hours per day NMES; 2.25 hours per day PWES (schedule may vary)
Closing date for applications - November 26, 2019
Library Technicians perform a variety of tasks in support of the school library. The Library Technician is responsible for the acquisition, circulation, and maintenance of resources; facilitation of access to resources; provision of reference services; and promotion of the library.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Library Technician diploma or equivalent education and training in a related field.
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with students.
- Knowledgeable of current trends in libraries, and/or media resources and information technology.
- Bona fide occupational requirements of the position, including physical ability.
- Developing and maintaining a library environment that will encourage students and teachers to take full advantage of the library and its resources.
- Maintain the library circulation system including organize sign in and sign out and track and gather overdue resources.
- Collaborate with teachers in the design of instructional units and the development of library skills and arrange library schedule, in consultation with the principal, to allow maximum possible student and staff use.
- Provide basic reference services to staff and students.
- Perform regular inventory of library resources and maintain the collection in good repair.
- Catalogue and process resources (e.g. spine labels, school stamp, security strip, etc.).
- Be knowledgeable of current age-appropriate literature for the students served and maintain records of acquisitions.
- Other duties that are site specific and within the scope of responsibility of the position.
Applications will be considered:
First, in accordance with the Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union (NSGEU) Local 73 Bargaining Unit.
Second, to applicants who self-identify and are members of the identified peoples in accordance with AVRCE's Employment Equity.
Third, if there are no successful candidates from the Employment Equity applicant pool, then other external candidates will be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Technician, Technology
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Amherst, NS Homestay Coordinator Term Non-Union Position CC#19-05-06 The Chignecto-Central Regional Centre for Education is located in beautiful Central & Northern Nova Scotia, Canada serving app [...]
Terre Noire, NS The Strait Regional Centre for Education is entrusted, under The Education Act of Nova Scotia, to deliver the public school program to approximately 6,000 students in 20 schools throu [...]
New Minas, NS Annapolis Valley Regional Centre for Education New Minas Elementary School/Port Williams Elementary School Library Technician 3.25 hours per day NMES; 2.25 hours per day PWES (schedu [...]
New Minas, NS $12.85 an hour Cafeteria Worker Evangeline Middle School Vacant Position 3 hours per day Rate of Pay: As per CUPE Collective Agreement ($12.85) Closing Date for Applications: Dece [...]