Miller Thomson LLP.
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada’s fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Toronto office. This role functions as an Executive Assistant,
supporting a Partner leading the corporate commercial practice in the Health Industry Group. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills, with a desire to work in and promote a client first focused culture. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic desk.
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Manage all administrative tasks, including email/calendar management, processing of expenses, docket entry, arranging for travel with appropriate itineraries, etc.;
- Filter incoming calls/mail/email and follow-up on various information requests, including responding to client queries, and rerouting responses appropriately to ensure high level of client service and responsiveness;
- Manage/prepare agendas, coordinate/prepare meetings and materials, appointments, etc.;
- Extensive electronic and hard copy file management responsibilities;
- Other relative duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- Experience in a professional services/corporate environment is considered an asset;
- Experience in an administrative support role considered an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required;
- Strong client service skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision, take initiative and self-motivated;
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the team;
- Experience managing a high volume of emails with timely responsiveness;
- Ability to work overtime on occasion during high volume periods.
Miller Thomson LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Human Resources department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Winnipeg, MB To meet the demands of our rapidly growing base of satisfied customers, Handyman Connection is seeking an experienced Drywall Finisher. This skilled craftsman would ideally have a variet [...]
Victoria, BC Part-time $14.50 - $16.00 an hour The Night Auditor is the face of the Island Travel Inn hotel for the thousands of travelers that pass through every year. Job Description: - Resp [...]
Vancouver, BC The Key Holder Cast Member supports the Store Leadership Team by participating in the day-to-day operations of the Store ensuring that the Guest, both internal and external, has “The [...]
Ottawa, ON REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Audience Data and Measurement DEPARTMENT: Audience Development - Digital Leadership STATUS: Full-Time St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to o [...]