Mount Royal University.
Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a distinct niche by offering smaller class sizes, a robust liberal education and unique undergraduate programs. Currently, nearly 14,000 credit students choose from 12 bachelor degrees and 33 majors.
Mount Royal University is located in the traditional territories of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot) and the people of the Treaty 7 region in southern Alberta, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, the Kainai, the Tsuut'ina and the Iyarhe Nakoda. We are situated on land where the Bow River meets the Elbow River.
The traditional Blackfoot name of this place is "Mohkinstsis," which we now call the city of Calgary. The city of Calgary is also home to the Métis Nation.
About the Department of Enrolment Services
MRU’s Enrolment Services supports the University’s mission by assisting students in a variety of ways through many departments: Admissions and Recruitment, Office of the Registrar, Office of Student Conduct, Office of Student Success, Student Awards and Financial Aid, International Analysis and Planning and Student Systems.
About the Role
Reporting to the Coordinator Admissions, this is a full time replacement term position commencing December 2019 and ending December 2020.
- Track receipt of international documents and enter data into Banner (student information system)
- Research and evaluate international documents for admission to all undergraduate programs
- Evaluate documents to determine if the English Language Proficiency Requirement has been met
- Complete admission assessment for international applicants for all undergraduate programs
- Meet with internationally educated applicants to review documentation
- Remain current on new developments regarding the evaluation of international documents within the post-secondary system (provincially and nationally)
- Become familiar with grading systems in other countries, creating documentation and providing training on common grading systems to other staff within enrolment services
- Work closely with the transfer articulation unit and continue to build the database for international post-secondary institution codes
- Evaluate high school courses across the country to determine equivalencies in the Alberta system
- Develop and maintain documentation for all related processes
- Build and maintain effective relationships with representatives at other institutions in the province or country to collaborate on unique international assessments
- Evaluate domestic documents for the purpose of admission evaluations
- Maintain up to date knowledge of admission requirements for each program
- Minimum three or four year bachelor degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of previous related experience
- Excellent verbal, written and customer relation skills
- Excellent organization and judgement skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure
- Strong technology skills including online research
- Analytical skills, problem solving and accountability for a high degree of accuracy
What We Offer
Talented and committed employees are the driving force behind student success. We strive to be an employer of choice among Canadian post-secondary institutions.
At Mount Royal University, we recognize that people are a combination of many intersecting identities; we work to cultivate an environment that welcomes the whole person, and harnesses the strength that is available in our diversity, creating a rich and inclusive workplace.
Investing in the learning and development of our employees benefits the individual and the University. A variety of services, resources and programs encourage a healthy, productive workplace. Mount Royal University offers a competitive total compensation package including health and dental benefits, pension, health and personal spending accounts, paid vacation, Christmas leave, personal days and a free membership in our fully equipped recreation centre.
Our campus offers the convenience of a full medical clinic, dentist and pharmacy, as well as a variety of wellness services such as physiotherapists and massage therapists. Campus Recreation offers many activities, including personal training, fitness classes, climbing, aquatics, sports, tournaments and certifications for students, employees and the public.
Salary: $2,269.71 Semi-monthly
Closing Date: November 26, 2019
A cover letter and resume should be submitted in one .pdf formatted document. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Job Title], [Requisition Number].pdf (ex. Coordinator, 999999.pdf).
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. After the close date, you can check on the status of your application through your Career Centre. New career opportunities arise frequently and are posted as they become available. Please check back often to view our latest postings on our Career Opportunities page. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Mount Royal University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity as a source of excellence, intellectual and cultural enrichment, and social strength. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, faculty and their scholarship including but not limited to Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual or gender identity, ethnic, national or socio-economic background, religion or age.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Montréal, QC Job Description Kanguru.ca is a digital media agency that creates innovative media products and services for their clients. Since our inception, we have made our clients' success our [...]
Edmonton, AB Your Opportunity: Description: As a Surgical Processor, you will be responsible for the decontamination, reassembly and sterilization of hospital supplies, equipment and surgical inst [...]
Burnaby, BC UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD. We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it’s launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for y [...]
Laval, QC LUNDI AU VENDREDI - SALAIRE TRÈS INTÉRESSANT À DISCUTER LORS DE L'ENTREVUE - VOUS DEVEZ ÊTRE DISPONIBLE À TEMPS PLEIN CUISINE - La personne aura la responsabilité d'effectuer la c [...]