Toronto Transit Commission.
$21.77 - $28.40 an hour
Requisition ID: 1601
Union: A.T.U., Local 113
TEMPORARY SEASONAL OPPORTUNITY
POSITIONS MAY COMMENCE AS EARLY AS MARCH 2020 AND WILL CONTINUE TO APPROXIMATELY THE END OF NOVEMBER 2020
Salary Information: $21.77 - $28.40
Pay Scale Group: WG 3
Weekly Hours: 40, Off Days: Various Shift: Various
Posted On: November 19, 2019
Last Day to Apply: December 3, 2019
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud.
The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
- Perform routine and highly repetitive manual labor work and small equipment operation in track construction, maintenance and repair tasks at the TTC’s maintenance yards, track maintenance or construction sites while following general verbal guidelines for the majority of work and under constant on-site supervision
- Act as the flag person at job sites including set out traffic delineators, barricades, track lights, flags and/or impassable track set-ups in accordance with safety procedures
- Unload, load, move and/or stockpile various track and construction materials and accessories such as rail, ties, splice bars, bagged cement, sand, gravel, ballast, etc.
- Break out and remove a variety of track allowances or bus roadway paving
- Assist to place ties and rail into position; spread ballast; slot rail joints; install or renew anchor bots and spring clips; install or remove track accessories, assist with track bonding; move and set-up track welding and grinding equipment
- Operate portable pneumatic equipment (e.g. jack hammer, concrete breaker, chipper or tamper, hand grinder, rail drills, etc.); motorized vibrating plates; concrete vibrator; heavy motorized portable rail cutting saw; drilling equipment, etc.
- Perform cleaning and snow removal duties, as required
- Assist with various work car duties, as assigned
- Demonstrates behaviours that support diversity, inclusion, and a respectful work and service environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Helps to remove barriers and accommodate employees and customers (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Previous basic construction experience preferred
- Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions as demonstrated by an ability to understand and follow published operating/safety rules and regulations
- Attend and successfully complete TTC training programs for WHMIS; Subway/Streetcar/SRT Rule Book certification; safety training, track orientation and other job related programs deemed necessary by management
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Toronto, ON $86,403 - $107,994 a year JOB INFORMATION Requisition ID: 1575 Number of Vacancies: On-going Recruitment Department: Rail Cars & Shops - Various locations Salary Information: [...]
Toronto, ON $21.77 - $28.40 an hour JOB INFORMATION Requisition ID: 1601 Department: Various Union: A.T.U., Local 113 TEMPORARY SEASONAL OPPORTUNITY POSITIONS MAY COMMENCE AS EARLY AS [...]
Toronto, ON $23.54 - $30.55 an hour JOB INFORMATION Requisition ID: 1603 Department: Stations Union: A.T.U., Local 113 TEMPORARY SEASONAL OPPORTUNITY POSITIONS MAY COMMENCE AS EARLY AS [...]
Toronto, ON $83,247 - $104,068 a year JOB INFORMATION Requisition ID: 1622 Number of Vacancies: 3 Temporary Opportunities for up to 12 to 18 months Department: Human Resources (20000040) - [...]