Town of Richmond Hill.
Richmond Hill, ON
$14 an hour
Number of Positions
Recreation and Culture Services
You must be prepared to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends and statutory holidays
Rate of Pay
$14.00 - $14.00 Hourly
Job Length/End Date
Internal and External
Reporting to the Coordinator of Community Centre Services, you will be responsible for providing customer service, reception and cashiering services for the community centre. Functions will include responding to and/or directing all telephone and counter enquiries,
receiving/processing program registrations and facility admission fees, and providing accurate and timely information to the public, program participants and staff. You will also be responsible for processing membership applications, processing all revenues received, balancing daily revenue, assisting with program calls and performing other related duties as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and process payment for registrations, memberships, daily programs, services and products using the ActiveNet - Point of Sale module.
- Utilize the ActiveNet - Customers module as required, including the following:
- Input program registrations.
- Input membership registrations and issue membership cards, as well as forward membership card print requests to the Registrar’s office.
- Handle customer registration inquiries including looking up participant registration information
- Update client account information, including email addresses for the ActiveRH online registration system.
- Assist with the printing and distribution of class lists and attendance sheets.
- Follow all cash handling and deposit procedures in accordance with Richmond Hill Policies and Procedures.
- Perform processing/reporting of all facility payments and daily cash balancing including accurately completing all appropriate forms in accordance with Richmond Hill Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that patrons pay the appropriate fees for admission to scheduled programs and activities.
- Receive, track and sell garbage tags/transit tickets when required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Greet customers and maintain excellent customer service at all times.
- Respond to enquiries from staff and patrons in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform telephone answering services by responding to enquiries and referring calls to other staff and departments.
- Listen to and respond to or forward voicemail messages left in the main facility mailbox, as required.
- Be familiar with and provide access to marketing materials including the Community Recreation Guide.
- Assist in program follow-up calls including waitlists, cancellations, transfers, etc.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 15 years of age.
- Completed Grade 9 mathematics.
- Team player with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Previous customer service or cashier experience would be an asset.
- Good keyboarding skills and proficiency with word processing.
- General office business skills.
- Comfortable working with numbers.
- Possesses a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Able to handle customer enquiries effectively.
- Able to function in a multi-task environment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Requires satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Demonstrates good judgment and makes sound decisions
- Shows commitment to personal growth, development, and leadership opportunities
- Shares new ideas and challenges the status quo
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with honesty, openness, respect, and trust
- Takes initiative to participate in a culture of learning, mentoring, and sharing
- Contributes to building and being a part of a positive culture
- Demonstrate the City’s corporate values of care, collaboration, courage and service
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The City of Richmond Hill is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Richmond Hill, ON Part-time $14 an hour Posting Id 197 Number of Positions 50 Department Community Services Division Recreation and Culture Services Shift Up to 24 hours / week Rate [...]
Richmond Hill, ON Part-time $14 an hour Posting Id 247 Number of Positions 8 Department Community Services Division Recreation and Culture Services Shift You must be prepared to work f [...]
Richmond Hill, ON Temporary $24.95 - $26.20 an hour Posting Id 338 Department Community Services Division Public Works Operations Section Parks Operations Shift Monday to Friday 7:30 a [...]
Richmond Hill, ON Part-time $15 an hour Posting Id 198 Number of Positions 50 Department Community Services Division Recreation and Culture Services Shift Up to 24 hours / week Rate [...]