Queensway Carleton Hospital.
$22.39 - $26.86 an hour
Temporary Part-time for approximately 10 months
- Exhibit sound judgment, strong ethical customer service and initiatives while working within the framework of the objectives of the service and organization as a whole.
- Process all routine departmental non-stock requisitions and other requisitions as directed by Purchasing Agents (or delegate) and responsible for the verification and release of outstanding non-stock backorders.
- Process all non-stock product returns. Identify return reason and secure Returned Material Authorization with lowest possible costs.
- Work with Purchasing Agent(s)
to prepare minor equipment purchase orders and monitor status of order
- Analyze incoming requisitions for facility, tax, quantity, and cost. Correct information to ensure error free transaction. Assess freight implications and redirect orders to the most appropriate system purchasing facility. Generate purchase orders from system and manual requisitions and consolidate orders to single purchase orders where possible.
- Assist in managing GHX EDI work flow. Coordinate order transmission, acknowledgements, exceptions, and back order escalation. Provide hourly review of discrepancies/errors, resolve where possible and escalate and assist Purchasing Agents to resolve.
- Process and/or assist in the processing of departmental requisitions and other related documents related to purchase of goods, services, capital, or minor equipment.
- Adhere to Supply Chain Directives (BPS, CFTA, CETA) and internal Hospital purchasing and approval policies for all acquisitions.
- Assist in the preparation of required reporting and contract tracking, including maintenance of a contract tracking database / spreadsheet, and contract files on a shared server / system.
- Perform daily clerical and reception duties including faxing, mail exchange, maintaining office equipment and supplies in the Purchasing Department.
- Support other related duties as assigned or as required.
- Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation and respect.
- Requires a minimum high school education and one year experience within a Healthcare purchasing or support services environment.
- In lieu of education requirement, three years’ experience within a Healthcare purchasing, support services, or fiscal administration within the past 5 years
- Strong and proven interpersonal and customer focused skills.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and computerized purchasing systems.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Internet and web applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Ability to be a quick learner, be flexible, work effectively in a team environment, handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines and be adaptable to change.
- Post-secondary education
Located in fast-growing west Ottawa, Queensway Carleton Hospital has built its reputation as a leading acute care hospitals by seeing the person in each of the nearly 500,000 people who turn to it for care each year. QCH’s agility and collaborative culture enable it to respond quickly to the most pressing healthcare challenges facing its vibrant and growing communities through advanced programs that reinvent models of patient care. QCH is proud to have been recognized as the #1 hospital in the Ottawa region by Newsweek Magazine, and #25 in Canada.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Winnipeg, MB To meet the demands of our rapidly growing base of satisfied customers, Handyman Connection is seeking an experienced Drywall Finisher. This skilled craftsman would ideally have a variet [...]
Victoria, BC Part-time $14.50 - $16.00 an hour The Night Auditor is the face of the Island Travel Inn hotel for the thousands of travelers that pass through every year. Job Description: - Resp [...]
Vancouver, BC The Key Holder Cast Member supports the Store Leadership Team by participating in the day-to-day operations of the Store ensuring that the Guest, both internal and external, has “The [...]
Ottawa, ON REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Audience Data and Measurement DEPARTMENT: Audience Development - Digital Leadership STATUS: Full-Time St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to o [...]