The Children's Aid Society of Toronto.
$48,574 - $54,637 a year
If you are looking to join an organization which offers a meaningful JOB OPPORTUNITY then CAST is the place for you!
The Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CAST) is proud of their long history of leadership in protecting children and their commitment to the provision of quality service to children and their families. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of children, we have an opportunity for you. Work in the heart of the city at Yonge and Bloor with excellent remuneration, benefits and vacation entitlements. Come join us and be part of our team and work for one of the city’s Top Employers.
The following opportunity is available for Permanent Full-Time and applications are invited:
Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Posting: JP#19-204
Salary: $48,574 - $54,637
Primarily responsible for Society expenses and the processing purchase orders and vendor invoices on a timely basis. Perform other Accounts Payable duties as required.
- Scans, maintains and routes all of the Society's invoices to the appropriate staff member for further processing.
- Performs three-way matching, ensures that purchase was authorized, goods/services were received and agrees to invoices.
- Codes, enters, validates and ensures accuracy of Society expenses prior to entering in Oracle system. Prepares batches for payments.
- Responds to payment inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepares various payable reports such as but not limited to vendor history.
- Performs other duties and back-up as required from time to time.
- Acts in accordance with and incorporates Society's Code of Ethics, Confidentiality, Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism, Harassment & Discrimination policies, etc.
- Uses sound judgment in consideration of financial resources.
- Complies with Society’s financial policies and procedures.
- Works in a safe manner in accordance with the Society’s health and safety policies and procedures and all relevant legislation.
Education and Experience
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one year relevant working experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle large volume of work while maintaining a high level of accuracy and to meet strict deadlines.
- Developed interpersonal, customer service skills to work cooperatively with staff.
- Effective communication skills in the use of email, telephone and interpersonal interactions.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use sound judgement in consideration of financial resources.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of support tasks.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel application.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook & Access), database software and accounting applications would be an asset.
THIS POSITION IS WITHIN THE BARGAINING UNIT
Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism at CAST
CAST is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the City of Toronto and strongly encourages application from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
Accommodation at CAST
We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at (phone hidden) x2300. Human Resources will work together with the hiring committee to arrange reasonable and appropriate
accommodation for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Apply directly on our website at www.torontocas.ca under the Careers section by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2019.
If you cannot apply on our website, applications can be faxed ((phone hidden)), or mailed (30 Isabella Street, 5th Floor) to the attention of Human Resources, clearly indicating the Job Posting Number: JP#19-204.
Please note: applications received after the deadline date will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Winnipeg, MB To meet the demands of our rapidly growing base of satisfied customers, Handyman Connection is seeking an experienced Drywall Finisher. This skilled craftsman would ideally have a variet [...]
Victoria, BC Part-time $14.50 - $16.00 an hour The Night Auditor is the face of the Island Travel Inn hotel for the thousands of travelers that pass through every year. Job Description: - Resp [...]
Vancouver, BC The Key Holder Cast Member supports the Store Leadership Team by participating in the day-to-day operations of the Store ensuring that the Guest, both internal and external, has “The [...]
Ottawa, ON REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Audience Data and Measurement DEPARTMENT: Audience Development - Digital Leadership STATUS: Full-Time St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to o [...]