Riverview Health Centre.
$15.52 an hour
Requisition ID: 36095
Position Number: 20055734
Posting End Date: November 25, 2019
Site: Riverview Health Centre
Department / Unit: Housekeeping - RHC
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $15.516, $15.982, $16.461, $16.955, $17.464, $17.988
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the direction of the Manager, Support Services or designate and reporting to the Support Services Supervisor, the Service Partner is responsible for performing a variety of jobs which contribute to the efficient maintenance of a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment according to established housekeeping practices and established infection control standards. Other responsibilities include assisting in the movement of assets, equipment, and furniture, and assisting with the provision of tray service to patients and residents.
- Previous experience working in a health care setting preferred.
- Previous experience operating housekeeping equipment and products preferred.
- Grade 10 education.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of basic nutrition and understanding of special diets preferred.
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts in English both verbally and in written format.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds utilizing appropriate lifting techniques.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to lift and move furniture when required
- Ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work safely without injury to self, to patients/residents, or to other staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients/residents, family members and coworkers.
- Physical and mental health to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Winnipeg, MB $15.52 an hour Requisition ID: 36095 Position Number: 20055734 Posting End Date: November 25, 2019 City: Winnipeg Site: Riverview Health Centre Department / Unit: Housekeeping - R [...]
Winnipeg, MB $19.87 an hour Requisition ID: 34837 Position Number: 20055745 Posting End Date: Open Until Filled City: Winnipeg Site: Riverview Health Centre Department / Unit: Health Informatio [...]
Winnipeg, MB $18.26 an hour Requisition ID: 35944 Position Number: 20029805 Posting End Date: November 29, 2019 Site: Riverview Health Centre Department / Unit: 2E Respiratory Long Term Vent Jo [...]
Winnipeg, MB $18.26 an hour Requisition ID: 36528 Position Number: 20029451 Posting End Date: December 4, 2019 City: Winnipeg Site: Riverview Health Centre Department / Unit: 3W Personal Care [...]