Richmond Hill, ON
The Patient Access Representative (Registration) is a valuable member of the Patient Access team and has a significant impact on the effective operation of patient registration/ check in functions at Mackenzie Health. This position is responsible for the accurate and efficient registration and check in services, maintaining a progressive and personalized health care environment for patients.
- Greets patients, families, visitors and provides assistance/directions as needed.
- Ensures seamless patient flow within registration area.
- Interviews patients and enters precise registration information into electronic medical record (EMR).
- Supports patients with navigating through Welcome Kiosks.
- Assists patients with more complex registrations.
- Educates patients on fees associated with visits. Obtains signatures and credit card information on electronic billing consent, when applicable.
- Accepts financial payment and balances all monies received in system.
- Scans and attaches outside medical documentation/ physician orders (requisition/referral) into electronic medical record (EMR).
- Validates patient health card information to determine eligibility and actions accordingly.
- Answers department requests by phone.
- Training and orientation of new staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical terminology certificate required or completion within 3 months of hire.
- Graduate of a Medical Office Administration Program or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or relevant experience, required.
- A minimum of one year registration experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Well-developed keyboarding/ computer skills with a minimum keyboarding speed of 50-60 wpm and experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records, preferred.
- Excellent customer focus with demonstrated ability to work well with fellow staff, internal and external customers.
- Ability for self-direction and to work independently exercising sound judgment with minimal supervision.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with an ability to work well under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple demands in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, stewardship and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written English communication.
- Ability to speak a second language, an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintains own competency.
- Seeks help and accepts guidance when a gap in competency is identified.
- Continually seeks ongoing education.
- Promotes and assists with activities for quality improvement.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- This position is being represented by OPSEU
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Richmond Hill, ON Part-time, Casual Job Description POSITION SUMMARY The Patient Access Representative (Registration) is a valuable member of the Patient Access team and has a significant impact [...]
Richmond Hill, ON Full-time, Permanent Job Description POSITION SUMMARY The Manager of Service Delivery will report to Chief Technology Officer and manage the delivery of technology services for [...]
Richmond Hill, ON Full-time, Permanent Job Description POSITION SUMMARY The Patient Relations Coordinator will address and investigate patient concerns in collaboration with staff, physicians an [...]
Toronto, ON Full-time, Temporary Job Description POSITION SUMMARY In collaboration with nursing, other hospital staff and various community services, provides clerical and administrative support [...]