SICKKIDS FOUNDATION IS ON THE HUNT FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY MANAGER, ACCOUNTING.
DATE POSTED: November 4, 2019
POSITION STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
AVAILABLE: December 2019
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Associate Director, Accounting, the Accounting Manager will act as an expert resource for the Foundation tax receipting processes, as well as will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the financial records of SickKids Foundation, including endowment entries and supporting the year end audit process. This role will also manage the Coordinator, Accounting and oversee the accounts payable process.
- Provide excellent stakeholder support, acting as a resource for tax receipting,
designation coding and appeal/fund code changes
- Complete journal entries, conducting analysis and reconciliation, as required
- Manage the payroll process, including journal entries, bank reconciliation and transfers
- Manage endowment and restricted fund entries generated from the Foundation's endowment accounting software (Fundriver)
- Manage the financial records (bank deposits, posting revenue, journal entries, etc.), tax receipting and auditing of the SickKid's Charitable Giving Fund
- Support the Associate Director, Accounting with the SKF financial statements, and assisting with the annual SickKids Foundation audit
- Oversee the completion of accounts payable, and manage compliance with the Foundation's procurement policy
- Someone with a professional accounting designation (e.g. CPA) and a university degree in Accounting and Management;
- An individual with 5+ years of progressive accounting and supervisory experience;
- Someone with an advanced understanding of charitable accounting, restricted fund accounting, and endowment accounting - particularly in environments of complex fund structures;
- Experienced of Financial Edge, Blackbaud CRM and/or Fundriver preferred, but not required;
- Adept in analytical skills, and is self-directed, team-oriented and thrive on challenge;
- Someone with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to multi-task and constantly reprioritize work in a complex, service-oriented environment;
- Organized, detail-oriented with exceptional follow-through; and
- Someone with advanced technical skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
SickKids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world’s foremost paediatric health-care institutions. Founded in 1972, SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids. Thanks to the generosity of the community, and as a result of a record-breaking year in fundraising, SickKids Foundation generated an unprecedented $159 million for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019. We achieve that by not being ordinary in anything we do.
HOURS: 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
SickKids Foundation is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all individuals feel valued, respected and supported. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department.
AVAILABLE TO: Internal and External Candidates
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Submit Resume By
Permanent Full Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Notre mission chez Couche-Tard est de faciliter la vie de nos clients un peu plus chaque jour. Notre réseau mondial de plus de 130 000 personnes qui œuvrent dans plus de 16 000 magasins dans 25 pays [...]
Ceci est un contrat de 12 mois situé à Montréal, QC. Doit avoir: Gouvernance des données 5 ans Expérience en compétences BA / BSA 7 ans Connaissance de la base des données (Oracle) 7 ans [...]
RHA Job Number:GO-00581227 Number of Vacancies:1 Profession:Primary Care Paramedic Management:No Employer:SHA (Keewatin) Community:Buffalo Narrows Community Website:http://buffalonarrows.com/ F [...]
Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 employees across the country who all share the same purpose: to help Canadians love where they live. Our associates demonstrate this commitment every d [...]