About the Calgary Stampede
The Calgary Stampede celebrates the people, the animals, the land, the traditions and the values that make up the unique spirit of the west. The Calgary Stampede contributes to the quality of life in Calgary and southern Alberta through our world-renowned Stampede, year-round facilities, western events and several youth and agriculture programs. Exemplifying the theme We’re Greatest Together, we are a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that preserves and celebrates our western heritage, cultures and community spirit. All revenue is reinvested into Calgary Stampede programs and facilities.
Directly reporting to the Manager, Brand & Marketing Services,
this position is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of various marketing initiatives for the Calgary Stampede consumer marketing department and will provide marketing support for several internal business units as assigned.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Act as project manager, working collaboratively with internal business units to determine marketing needs that support department programs and initiatives.
- Work with Print Services to determine the most economical way to produce printed material in a timely manner including, posters, postcards, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Develop, execute and report on marketing & communication plans, in collaboration with the communications team, to support Stampede-time specific programs and initiatives.
- Assist with traffic control of numerous projects that flow through the department to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage timelines and budgets for ongoing development and delivery of marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Graphic Designer to develop concepts, establish layout and copy specifications, necessary for printing and distribution.
- Assist internal and external stakeholders in building Stampede brand equity by adhering to all visual identity guidelines in marketing and communications.
- Ensure that designs, advertisements, messages and images meet brand requirements and reflect applicable marketing creative platforms.
- Support Calgary Stampede volunteer committees as required.
- Cultivate positive external and internal stakeholder relationships to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Support Manager, Brand & Marketing Services, as necessary including comprehensive activity summaries, administrative tasks and special projects.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications or a related discipline is required.
- 2 – 3 years directly related experience in marketing, advertising or communications.
- Strong project management skills – delivering on-time, on-budget and to a high quality. Project management of a multi-page publication is an asset.
- Experience with agriculture and western events, tourism and festivals are an asset.
- Highly organized, self-starter and ability to work well in fluid environment.
- Excellent business communication and creative writing skills.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and managing external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Outgoing, social personality, self-motivated and enjoys working within a dynamic team.
The Calgary Stampede offers a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent total compensation package and the opportunity for advancement and employee training.
Please click on the “Apply Online” button below to submit your resume. All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around t [...]
Line of Service Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector Not Applicable Specialism IFS - Clients & Markets Management Level Manager Job Description & Summary A career in Sales and Marketing, wi [...]
La Description Bienvenue chez Sherwin-Williams Sherwin-Williams est la plus importante entreprise de revêtements en Amérique du Nord et la troisième plus importante au monde. Avec des ventes de [...]
Company SummaryWalmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is [...]