- A Machine license or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Greater then four years of Machine Shop experience.
- A solid understanding on how to read computer-generated profile views of a piece being made in order to adjust the tooling appropriately.
- Ability to interpret blueprints showing where the holes are to be placed in a piece of steel
- Possess excellent communication skills to interact with supervisors to take direction on job assignments, to seek clarification on unclear drawings or job instructions and to seek help when problems arise. Interact with co-workers, including mechanics, welders and machinists, to exchange tips about methods and procedures,
to relay new information and safety precautions, to receive instructions or to instruct others how to perform new jobs.
- Posses problem solving skills to decide when to reset a machine if it is not cutting within tolerance levels, and how to adjust or to change machine settings to improve the quality of pieces; decide how to set pieces up when making irregularly shaped pieces; decide how much material is needed to make parts.
- Ability to work independently. When needed, be a part of a team which includes mechanics, welders, machinists, fellow operators and management to co-ordinate efforts to ensure that machines are used efficiently and work priorities are well managed.
- Intermediate understanding of CNC programming. Basic understanding of machine controls. Knowledge of SPC methods, process and machine capability requirement and lot control techniques. Use a computer to confirm measurements or adjust computer control (CNC) machinery, such as the Maho machine, which is used to cut metal to specifications
- Ability to learn new specifications and procedures through on-the-job training and experience. Receive training in first aid and the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms to various levels within the organization.
- Set up equipment.
- Modify CNC programs for lathes, milling machines, grinders and robots.
- Set up CNC lathes, milling machines, grinders, stc based on process specifications.
- Analyze “out of tolerance” conditions and make adjustments.
- Read and interpret CMM reports.
- Set up and maintain adjustable support tools (fixturing).
- Predict tool wear and tool changes based on SPC data.
- Identify, select and prepare tooling.
- Process and tooling improvements for cost reduction programs.
- Provide direct supervision to operators in the absence of the supervisor
- Train and assist operators with troubleshooting as needed and work in a team environment.
- Total the amounts of materials needed or the number of holes to drill, according to the specifications. May measure pieces to verify that the size meets the specifications.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
Full Time Hourly
Percentage of Travel Required
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Guelph, ON Manufacturing Technician The Manufacturing Technician position, under direct supervision, is responsible for assisting with various engineering projects starting from the project origina [...]
Guelph, ON Buyer The Buyer position, under direct supervision, responsible for selecting and negotiating with approved vendors and placing purchase orders in response to service or material requirem [...]
Guelph, ON Apprenticeship Description Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accomm [...]
Canada Level 1 – Maintenance Labourer The Level 1 – Maintenance Labourer position, under the supervision and direction of the Maintenance Supervisor assist Millwrights and Maintenance Mechanics [...]