We are looking for an Intermediate Claims Representative to join our Special Handling Unit (SHU) within our Investigative Services Unit. In this role, you will adjust, analyze and identify claims that require investigation with moderate to high levels of complexity.
With this purpose in mind, you will:
- Adjust auto claims with integrity and respect in a timely manner to ensure a fair settlement whilst identifying claims that require further investigation
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with the customers, appraisers, adjusters, claimants, lawyers and any other stakeholder to settle claims
- Document the claim file by collecting and securing appropriate reports and statements from appraisers,
third party adjusters, claimants, insureds, witnesses, police, and any other pertinent experts to determine liability and coverage
- Develop an action plan for conducting investigations and work with Investigators to reach fair decisions on claims
- Analyze the information gathered, interpret insurance policy wordings, determine coverage, and assess damage and/or liability. Determine when sufficient information has been gathered to close the investigation
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance products as well as appraisal or investigation techniques and services
- Identify process improvement needs and recommend changes to policies or procedures to maintain quality service and competitiveness
This is an office-based position and requires ad-hoc travel for files.
- 1-3 years auto or property claims adjusting experience required
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Computer literate and capable of quickly learning new technology
- Able to multi-task, organize, and prioritize with a high attention to detail
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Foster strong working relationships and work effectively in a team environment
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Must be able to work on Saturdays and Statutory Holidays as needed
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team:
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work)
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual ‘dress for your day’ culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you will be asked to consent to a background check if it’s a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on November 15, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Toronto, ON We are searching for an enthusiastic IT Scrum Master to join our growing team! In this role, you will lead, plan and deliver all aspects of a project within scope, time, budget and quali [...]
Montréal, QC Workplace: Montreal (2020, Blvd. Robert-Bourassa) As a QA Analyst in automated testing you play a critical role in designing and evolving our digital solutions. Reporting to the Manage [...]
Vancouver, BC We’re looking for an Underwriting Assistant, Commercial Lines to join our growing team! In this 6-month opportunity as an As an Underwriting Assistant, your work will have a big im [...]
Vancouver, BC At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for ou [...]