Abbotsford School District.
Temporary - 12 Month
General Maintenance (Internal Only)
Posted on: November 4th 2019 at 8:00am
Closes on: November 10th 2019 at 4:30pm
Posting Reference Number:
S 20 MTE 004 TEM
ASAP to on or before absent employee returns
Permanent - 12 Month
Under the direction of the Foreman - Carpentry is responsible for functions involving the cleaning and general maintenance duties in assigned areas.
This position performs a variety of custodial/maintenance tasks within clearly established policies and procedures. Work is reviewed upon completion for quality of service and adherence to established standards of performance.
Education & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The successful applicant will have Grade 12, plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience in construction related trades or maintenance. The incumbent must also have the following:
Working knowledge of the standard custodial/maintenance practices, methods, materials, tools and equipment
Working knowledge of proper safety practices and the demonstrated ability to work in a manner that recognizes personal safety and the safety of others
Proven ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing with the ability to explain instructions or information clearly to others
Proven ability to maintain positive interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to contribute to an environment which promotes teamwork
Proven ability to work in an efficient manner, organize personal workload, work under pressure and see assignments through to completion
Proven ability to perform physical activities such as lifting, pushing, pulling and moving materials, equipment and supplies
Proven ability to make sound decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Working knowledge of computer operation including knowledge of MS Office, email, internet, district automated dispatch, and work order systems
A valid BC driver’s license
Abbotsford School District teachers consistently demonstrate skills essential for student learning. Our Teaching Proficiencies serve as the foundation for our hiring competencies and growth plans.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment.
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstance
View our Teaching Proficiencies
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Abbotsford, BC $24.20 an hour Permanent - 12 Month Dispatcher I - Human Resources Posted on: November 14th 2019 at 8:00am Closes on: December 4th 2019 at 4:30pm Posting Reference Number: S 20 [...]
Abbotsford, BC Permanent - 12 Month Payroll Clerk Posted on: October 18th 2019 at 8:00am Closes on: November 1st 2019 at 4:30pm Posting Reference Number: S 20 CLK 063 REG Location: School Di [...]
Abbotsford, BC $24.20 an hour Permanent - 12 Month Dispatcher I - Human Resources Posted on: October 18th 2019 at 8:00am Closes on: November 11th 2019 at 4:30pm Posting Reference Number: S 20 [...]
Abbotsford, BC Permanent - 12 Month Administrative Clerk - Intermediate (Internal Only) Posted on: October 21st 2019 at 8:00am Closes on: October 27th 2019 at 4:30pm Posting Reference Number: [...]