Requisition ID: 63754
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing and deepening client relationships by providing high quality advice and service within the mass affluent market. Following a comprehensive financial planning framework, you will be responsible for driving investment sales and new client acquisition, while adhering to Global Sales Principles, compliance and regulatory requirements as well as establishing business development opportunities with prospects and clients within the assigned market area.
- Promote the development and sustainable growth of proprietary investment business in the assigned market area by:
- Executing on business development plans for prospects and existing clients within the mass affluent market
- Conducting outbound communications and proactive calling to prospects to remain top-of-mind for future business opportunities
- Providing client-centric investment solutions through a financial planning framework, aligning with Global Sales Principles
- Conducting complimentary needs analysis across several financial statements, including competitor statements
- Building and maintaining a market profile in the assigned market area
- Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand your network
- Identifying opportunities to deliver community information sessions and financial seminars to grow prospects
- Networking with investment industry specialists while managing a small budget for independent marketing-based activities
- Identifying additional investment business development opportunities and facilitating the implementation of an investment solution and/or referral to the appropriate partners
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing on team touch bases and meetings with colleagues
Desired Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field
- Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Mutual Fund License
- 3+ years of financial planning and investment sales experience
- Proven networking, client acquisition and interpersonal skills; experience building and maintaining Centres of Influence (COIs)
- Advanced knowledge of practical sales techniques and prospecting
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-motivated entrepreneur with minimal supervision and as part of a larger team
- Extensive knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle, in order to meet clients and prospects within the designated district
- Second language an asset depending on target markets
Please note that the compensation structure for this role is base plus variable pay. This is a mobile role and will require frequent travel.
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 50834 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Investment Specialist As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing and deepenin [...]
Requisition ID: 50831 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Investment Specialist As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing and deepening [...]
Requisition ID: 64663 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Assistant Manager Trainee Purpose Leads and oversees the overall success of the Retail Sales [...]
Requisition ID: 70180 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Electronic Discovery Services, the Electronic Discovery (eD [...]