Abbotsford School District
Posted on: October 4th 2019 at 10:00am
Closes on: October 9th 2019 at 10:00am
Posting Reference Number:
T 20 TSE 085 TEM
Rick Hansen Secondary
28 October 2019
Temporary - 28 October 2019 to 30 June 2020
Education & Experience:
- Secondary teacher training with a major/minor in Home Economics
- Experience teaching Foods at the secondary level
- Eligible for B.C. Certification
- Satisfactory teacher evaluation and/or final practicum reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to teach Foods and Nutrition 9-12
- Demonstrated ability to teach in an interdisciplinary model
- Demonstrated ability and training in inquiry-based (PBL) learning
- Demonstrated ability to guide and promote social innovation with the context of an interdisciplinary, inquire-based model
- Good understanding of the course requirements and learning standards at the Gr 9-12 level and how they can be achieved in an interdisciplinary model
Abbotsford School District teachers consistently demonstrate skills essential for student learning. Our Teaching Proficiencies serve as the foundation for our hiring competencies and growth plans.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment.
Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students.
Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstance
View our Teaching Proficiencies
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Support Staff Administrative Clerk - Intermediate Posted on: September 24th 2019 at 8:00am Closes on: September 30th 2019 at 4:30pm Posting Reference Number: S 20 CLK 058 REG Locati [...]
Support Staff Instructional Support (September - Round 4) Posted on: September 19th 2019 at 8:00am Closes on: September 20th 2019 at 4:30pm Posting Reference Number: S 20 ISS 109 REG to [...]
Permanent - 12 Month Dispatcher I - Human Resources Posted on: October 18th 2019 at 8:00am Closes on: November 11th 2019 at 4:30pm Posting Reference Number: S 20 CLK 064 REG Locatio [...]
Permanent - 12 Month Payroll Clerk Posted on: October 18th 2019 at 8:00am Closes on: November 1st 2019 at 4:30pm Posting Reference Number: S 20 CLK 063 REG Location: School Distri [...]