As a Procurement Expert, your work will have a big impact on our current operations. People will count on you to participate in strategic discussions and healthy debates with various levels of cross-functional experts with the aim of identifying and creating innovative solutions in partnership with third party suppliers, and to move quickly with the changing environment and be up to date with the latest products and services and market trends.
You succeed at what you do because:
- You are an Influencer; you convert strategy into action, you have a personable, effective and confident manner with the ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
- You are Versatile; In addition to having an intimate knowledge contractual framework, you understand use of technology from an operational perspective.
- You are Agile; You thrive in a customer centric, dynamic, ever-evolving environment where you must move quickly.
- You are a Teamwork Ace: You believe that together everyone achieves more, that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
This role will offer you the chance to:
- Build relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success
- Innovate through your contributions to improve efficiency
- Contribute to a great work environment by providing exemplary leadership and by mentoring our emerging procurement talents.
You’ll also handle many key responsibilities:
- Develop sourcing strategies for business initiatives and commodities that support overall Intact’s innovation strategies.
- Leverage on effective market intelligence and cost modelling to develop and support negotiation strategies.
- Lead proposal (RFX) process for high complexity and high-risk transactions/agreements.
- Develop and maintain partnership approach with suppliers focusing on TCO and ROI
- Develop supplier key performance indicators and service level agreements that drive value and optimization.
- Support the implementation of procurement continuous improvement projects.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience in complex procurement projects and strategic sourcing
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance or equivalent professional experience.
- Deep understanding of strategic sourcing principles and P2P processes along with the ability to apply this knowledge to execute projects and optimize strategies.
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to details.
- Bilingual, French & English, spoken and written
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it’s a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting for internal candidates closes on October 11th, 2019.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #RightPeopleRightRole
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Toronto, ON The role. As an Automation Tester Intern, you will participate in a 16-month placement to gain valuable, first-hand, corporate and professional experience at Canada’s largest insurance [...]
Toronto, ON The role. As a DevOps Developer Intern, you will participate in a 16-month placement to gain valuable, first-hand, corporate and professional experience at Canada’s largest insurance c [...]
Montréal, QC We’re looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team for full time permanent position! As a Project Manager, Digital Distribution your work will have a big impact on the succ [...]
Anjou, QC Chez Intact, nous considérons que l’assurance doit d’abord s’intéresser aux personnes, et non aux choses. Cette conviction est au cœur de tout ce que nous faisons. C’est pourquoi [...]