Performs tasks associated with the receipt, storage, and shipment of products while meeting productivity, quality, safety, conduct and attendance expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to complete transactions related to inbound and outbound processes within the distribution center.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
Demonstrate and excel in Acklands-Grainger Performance Drivers:
- Wow the Customer – Take personal responsibility for creating an exceptional customer experience
- Have A Winning Attitude – Beat the competition
- Drive For The Best Results – Work hard with integrity
- Make The Team Better – Take personal responsibility for team’s success
- Accurately and efficiently pick and pack conveyable products from an extensive inventory according to documented quality systems procedures.
- Fill and verify customer orders from stock and label accurately to be delivered to shipping area.
- Ensure all pre-made boxes are fully stocked with the correct product and labelled accurately to reflect the receiving branch/customer.
- Accurately package products according to documented standard work instructions and procedures.
- Functions may include, but are not limited to check in, put-away, sorting, labelling, picking, packing, replenishing, consolidations, auditing, shipping, close out.
- Meet or exceed expectations of productivity, quality, safety and attendance while exhibiting a winning attitude.
- Comply with safety policies, procedures of Occupational Health & Safety Act, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) in the storage, handling and movement of product.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties in order to maintain a clean, safe, organized work environment.
- Work collaboratively as a team and assist other teams when required.
- Ability to cross train into other jobs with similar functional requirements.
Actively participates in process improvements and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of one years’ work experience in a fast paced environment in a physically demanding job.
- Basic mathematical aptitude and computer skills required.
- Ability to speak and understand written and spoken English.
- Experience working with warehouse related systems and tools such as: warehouse management system (WMS), radio frequency (RF) scanning tools, would be an asset.
- Previous experience using powered industrial equipment such as Walkie (ride on pallet rider), Wave Picker, Tugger is an asset.
- Ability to work in a position requiring:
- Continuous standing and walking.
- Repetitive and continuous lifting up to 50 lbs, occasional assisted lifting over 50 lbs.
- Squatting, bending, stooping, grasping, pushing, pulling and lifting of pallets and product from floor to shoulder heights.
- Wearing and operating wrist-worn or hand-held computerized scanning equipment.
- Working in a position requiring work at elevated heights.
- Able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust, and work around moving equipment.
- Ability to safely meet performance expectations for quality, teamwork, productivity and housekeeping.
- Must have a positive, winning attitude that contributes to a constructive teamwork environment.
- Demonstrated focus on “wowing” the customer with exceptional service.
Acklands-Grainger strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members. As part of Acklands Grainger Inc. hiring process, pre-employment background checks will be required for all external candidates. Internal candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role and/or a director role and above position.
In accordance with Performance Excellence guidelines, team members are encouraged to apply for positions closely matching their experience/background and that are aligned with their Individual Development Plan. Acklands-Grainger Inc is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Accommodations are available on request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Markham, ON JOB DESCRIPTION Primary Function: The Proposal Specialist creates proposals and RFP/RFQ responses that successfully sell the benefits of Grainger’s Value Proposition to our customers [...]
Markham, ON JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the ongoing execution and improvement of sales effectiveness and sales operations programs and processes. Works independently and cr [...]
Mount Pearl, NL JOB DESCRIPTION KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Responsible to develop and maintain a motivated and competent team, capable of achieving the District’s sales goals - Lead [...]
Fort McMurray, AB JOB DESCRIPTION Acklands-Grainger Performance Driver: Demonstrate and excel in Acklands-Grainger Performance Drivers (Wow the Customer, Have a Winning Attitude, Drive for the B [...]