Suncor Energy Services.
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 30362
Why you should join us:
Are you someone with developed relationship management and influencing skills? If you have a critical thinking attitude that allows you to build, update and monitor processes and procedures in order to make improvements, then this is a phenomenal opportunity for you. Working within our IT Service Continuity group, this role is responsible for identifying risks and determining and evaluating the potential effects of an interruption to critical business operations as a result of a disaster or emergency; while contributing to the development and maintenance of the enterprise-wide business continuity management program.
You will use your expertise to:
- Collaborate with a team of professionals who work with different parts of the business to coordinate service continuity governance activities
- Plan events related to service continuity, develop and facilitate enterprise-wide event exercises and maintain and establish relationships with external vendors
- Develop corporate policy, standards and guidelines, and contribute to establishing and maintaining program processes and practices which effectively ensure that the program remains current, and aligns with industry standards and practices and general regulatory requirements
- Support the processes that support governance requirements as part of the BIA operational risk framework
- Support all audits and assessments of the IT service continuity and resiliency programs
- Coordinate external vendors supporting Suncor’s disaster recovery program to ensure alignment with expectations and audit requirements
- Partner with internal organizations to ensure key process or functional integrations with IT service continuity planning are designed, detailed, and tested
- Participate in external disaster recovery and business continuity management organizations to stay ahead of industry best practices and trends
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Five years of experience with IT resiliency programs for large enterprises
- Five years of experience in Business Continuity Management (BCM) practices and protocols, including in-depth knowledge of international BCM standards promoted by BCI-DR and ISO
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field
- A strong understanding of operational risk and IT resilience and process improvement methods as well as risk related control frameworks and practices (ISO, ITIL, CMM, COBIT, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of IT operations and audit methodologies
- Solid working knowledge relating to major IT platforms and infrastructure, including networks, storage, distributed and cloud computing environments
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting which enable you to build strong, positive relationships with diverse groups across all levels of leadership
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- A certification in one or more of the following: BCI, PMI, CCSA and ITIL
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- There will be a requirement to work additional hours for Disaster Recovery testing exercises or in the event of a real disaster
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Edmonton, AB LOCATION: Edmonton, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 31025 Why you should join us: Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic operations team? In this exciting role, you will [...]
Calgary, AB LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 31441 Why you should join us: Student positions (including co-ops and interns) at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide yo [...]
Oakville, ON LOCATION: Oakville, Ontario (CA-ON) JOB NUMBER: 29742 Why you should join us: We have an excellent opportunity for you to build your foundational knowledge and understanding of our A [...]
Calgary, AB LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 31856 Why you should join us: Student positions (including co-ops and interns) at Suncor are more than just a work term. They provide yo [...]