Ontario Bar Association
ONTARIO BAR ASSOCIATION
Bilingual (French) Administrative & Client Services Assistant
This front line customer service position requires a mature and poised individual who will report day to day to the Conference and Event Services Manager and the Director of Operations. The position requires an individual who can multi-task a variety of different duties. Primarily, the focus is providing customer service to all clients of the Conference facility, both internally and externally, as well as from a membership perspective, amongst other important administrative tasks. French (speaking, writing and reading)
is necessary in order to assist incoming callers and visitors who prefer to communicate in the French language and for the purposes of overseeing activities of the organizations Official Languages Committee.
- In this position you will be the main face of the Conference Centre. You will greet all incoming guests and direct them to the appropriate rooms. If the guest is there to meet with a member of the OBA staff you will locate the staff person and inform them.
- You will work with Conference Centre staff, advising them of guest needs and requirements, letting them know when groups are having a break or are finished for the day.
Conference Centre Reception
- Responsible for answering unanswered call(s) of the auto attendant between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Maintain a clean and orderly desk at all times.
- Make sure that our advertising rack is timely and well organized.
- Open daily mail, date stamp it accordingly; enter cheques for accounting into an Excel spreadsheet and forward mail on in a timely manner to the appropriate department or individual.
- As administrative assistant, you will work with the Conference and Event Services Manager on day to day paperwork, which includes client invoicing, filing, typing letters, entering inventory information for the kitchen such as beverage usage, as well as general items as requested.
- Oversight of the weekly staff attendance list.
- Updates to PD Slides.
- Translation – is responsible for the provision of translation services done in-house or outsourced – including; media materials, corporate publications, membership initiatives, major events and web site content.
- Maintain and clear certain e-mail boxes, passing along information to the right departments for action.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Keeping abreast of what campaigns the membership department is working on, being able to answer caller’s questions and find additional assistance when necessary.
Official Languages Committee
- Assist the Official Languages Committee with its ongoing activities, including helping co-ordiante events, awards and advocacy initiatives, and acting as the staff liaison to provide support of regular committee meetings (teleconference). Report to the Director of Policy & Public Affairs who oversees the Committee.
5 + years of professional office experience
Excellent writing and speaking skills both in English and French
Strong people skills with the ability to effectively assist different personalities
Solid typing and computer abilities, capable of learning new software
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
Ability to multi-task and remain calm with competing priorities
Organized, reliable and flexible
Past record of excellent attendance and punctuality
Mature, poised and confident
Very articulate; both verbally and in written communications
AODA Customer Service trained
The OBA’s hiring practices reflect our diversity statement and our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion listed on our hiring page.
Also pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), if you require accommodation at any stage of the interview process, please contact our human resources department by e-mail at; [email protected] so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
Interested applicants should apply via e-mail to Tracy L. Dallas, Director of Operations, Ontario Bar Association at [email protected] The deadline is; September 17, 2019.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Vancouver, BC The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a full time opportunity at Advisor Websites, a software company recognized as one of the top 5 best workplaces in BC. This position is [...]
Calgary, AB Grumans Catering and Delicatessen is hiring for a full time Catering Line Cook. If you can poach an egg to perfection, slice smoked meat against the grain, build the perfect omelette & sa [...]
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC Part-time La résidence Les Jardins Vaudreuil est heureuse d'accueillir des résidents autonome et semi-autonomes, et leur offre au besoin, un accès à plusieurs services. Situ [...]
Ajax, ON Dental Assistant with reception experience to start within 2 weeks, must be flexible to work between multiple location in Pickering, Ajax and Whitby. Must have paradigm experience. Must be a [...]