Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we’re going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
Turn Around Crew- Trainer
The Turn Around Crew Trainer is responsible to provide support and delivery of WestJet training products, focusing on safety at all times. They will support WestJet goals and deliver World Class Guest Employee Experience. They are a mentor and a role model that lives and supports the WestJet culture, value and training plans.
The successful candidate will have a valid DA and D license with a clean driver’s abstract, the ability to facilitate and train both in a classroom setting and on the ramp, update and track all training records and complete audits on all ground positions in YYZ. They will report directly to the Training Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure all corporate training programs, recurrent and return to work training programs are executed in a timely manner following Standards and Procedures.
- Communicate with the Training Manager and discuss/plan training required.
- Ensure that there is communication to the teams regarding updates to training standards and procedures.
- Ensure that all online learning is completed prior to participants participating in class.
- Facilitate Initial Turn Around Crew (ITAC) training in class and On the job with new hires
- Facilitate DA and D in class and on the job training
- Complete QR audits on new trainees
- Communicate any training requests to the training manager
- Work with the ground operations managers to ensure all ground crews are operating safely
- ROC-A radio examiner testing for WestJet employees
- Assist with training plans and schedules for trainees, file all training records
- Strong Time Management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills-both written and oral, including presentations and facilitations skills
- Prepare existing trainer and trainee materials for training
- Communicate prior to training any relevant information to trainees
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to participant
- Ability to train WestJet Leadership when required
- Provide support and work with Training Liaisons, TAC Support Managers, Daily Shift Managers, Ground Operation Managers to ensure compliance of all safety, standards and processes trained
- Work with third party vendors when needed
- Keep up to date with WestJet’s training requirements and attend train the trainers as required to keep up to date
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, with great knowledge. The requirements listed are descriptive of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Minimum 3 years of consecutive D and DA AVOP experience/License with the GTAA
- GTAA Certified Train the trainer course would be preferred, no active infractions or warning on record.
- Minimum 3 years of TAC/Ground Operations experience.
- Facilitation training experience will be considered an asset.
- Hold a Transport Canada’s Radio Operators Certificate and/or and Examiner certificate will be considered a strong asset.
- Experience with YYZ ground operations will be considered a strong asset
- A strong understanding of all GSE equipment.
- Intermediate skill level of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Microsoft teams and Outlook is required.
- Proven track record in safety awareness.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Time management and organization skills are a must.
- Able to train 365 days a year and 24hour operation environment
- Proven history of supporting new projects and initiatives Proven track record in safety awareness Intermediate skills in MS office applications, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to be positive, approachable and supportive of all team members, keeping the team focused, informed and up to date
- Exceptional personal OTP and performance – Must be a positive role model and outwardly demonstrates WestJet values daily
- Keep up to date with online learning and communications
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
Awards and Recognition
WestJetters aren't the only ones that think WestJet is a great place to land. We’ve received awards distinguishing our work environment, culture, and more.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit westjet.com.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Fort McMurray, AB Title: Customer Service Agent (Part Time) Employment Type: [[jobType]] City: Ft. McMurray, AB (YMM) Posting Open Date: 08/26/2019 Posting Close Date: 09/02/2019 (Please no [...]
Calgary, AB Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land. We [...]
Calgary, AB Why WestJet: Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception. WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industr [...]
Calgary, AB Posting Open Date: 8/26/2019 Posting Close Date: 9/6/2019 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm) Manager – People Relations WestJet is looking for a dynamic and energet [...]