University of Victoria.
$3,742 - $3,854 a month
The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated faculty, librarians and staff supporting the University of Victoria’s diverse academic programs, world-class research and commitment to civic engagement.
The Physician Education Assistant has primary responsibility for supporting the Physician Education unit and Director. The Assistant performs a range of administrative tasks including: calendar, travel and meeting support, is responsible for all aspects of event coordination and supports budget management. This position will liaise with Program’s Course Directors,
Program Managers, IMP staff and faculty; Vancouver Island Health Authority staff at the Royal Jubilee and Victoria General Hospitals; staff and faculty at the UBC Faculty of Medicine, Vancouver/Fraser Medical Program, Southern Medical Program (Kelowna) and at the Northern Medical Program (Prince George).
In order to provide effective and efficient support to the unit and all of its activities, this position is required to work flexible and varied hours. Some weekend work may be required. The Assistant will be required to work at any of the program’s locations and support both on-campus and off-site events, requiring travel.
This position may occassionaly work outside of normal office hours.
Responsibilities may include travel between Uvic and clinical academic hospitals, so flexibility regarding work site and changing environments will be required.
- The incumbent must be flexible, enthusiastic and possess a positive and professional attitude.
- Ability to effectively use interpersonal skills to build working relationships and support program users
- Ability to manage stressful situations and interact with colleagues, physicians and others in a calm, professional manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills with a focus on accuracy.
- Ability to problem solve, interpret, assess and determine the needs or issues of a client.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to take initiative, stay current with (as well as resourcing) technology in order to enhance the efficiency and profile of the program.
- Understanding of confidentiality and comfort with resolving issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to take responability and accountability to ensure high quality of work
- Ability to manage changes in work tasks and effectively work within changed process, structure, requirements.
- Advanced proficiency with computer applications (i.e. MS-Office Suite, database programs, content management systems).
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and some related post-secondary course work
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles
Must have a minimum of three (3) years of recent experience in a similar position, preferably in a post-secondary, health care or institutional environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Related work experience should include:
- Special event administration and support.
- Supporting confidential information
- Administrative support in a large, complex office
- Taking minutes and using transcription equipment
Preference will be given to applicants with experience with:
- using medical terminology and/or working in a medical setting
- audio-visual equipment
UVic is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek members who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
Read our full equity statement here: www.uvic.ca/equitystatement.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process may contact Belinda Fontes, HR Programs and Project Manager, at [email protected] Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
995615-IMPR-2019-UPD JD-Physician Education Assistant-PB8
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Victoria, BC $20.52 - $20.77 an hour All successful candidates must have Food Safe Level 1 Certificate. Successful candidates may be required to have specialized Barista training. Subject to inter [...]
Victoria, BC $3,121 - $3,218 a month The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated facul [...]
Victoria, BC $20.52 - $20.77 an hour All successful candidates must have Food Safe Level 1 Certificate. Successful candidates may be required to have specialized Booster Juice training Subject to [...]
Victoria, BC $62,447 - $81,631 a year The University of Victoria is one of Victoria's largest employers and one of Canada’s best diversity employers. Together we are more than 5,000 dedicated facu [...]